Camera Bag - sling style maybe
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2019   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 21656
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Question Camera Bag - sling style maybe

Hello, I am in need of a camera bag. I am an amateur photog just trying to get back into the fun! I think I'd like a sling style for ease of quick access to camera and, hopefully, easier on my back and neck. I have a Canon Rebel T6i, 18-55 and 55-250 lenses. I really doubt I will expand my lens collection. If I had a bag that would hold these three items and a few filters, lens caps, etc. I would be happy. It would be something that I drag around with me all the time so should be durable. Thank you in advance for any advice you are willing to share whether it is a specific product or thoughts in general.

The only editing that I do is size, cropping and auto light fix. I have yet to learn manual setting or photo editing.

My equipment: Canon Rebel T6i, 18-55 mm, 55-250 mm (and my retired my Canon Rebel SLR)
rockeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 501383
Default Re: Camera Bag - sling style maybe

I've sometimes used a photographer's vest with pockets for everything except the camera. That was carried by its strap to always be handy. A well designed photographer's vest makes the equipment seem lighter than a typical bag.
Jim Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019   #3
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 487620
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
I've sometimes used a photographer's vest with pockets for everything except the camera. That was carried by its strap to always be handy. A well designed photographer's vest makes the equipment seem lighter than a typical bag.
I've tried this and it works reasonably as described. I'm curious about a sling bag as I expect to be travelling this year and might want to opt for using one.
Old 01-20-2019   #4
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1091466

www.Cambags.com Lets you customize your needs and equipment to find the bag best suited to you.

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories »

Share this topic:

Tags
camera bag, quick access, sling bag, sling camera bag