My Passport Wireless Drive With SD Slot
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2014   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default My Passport Wireless Drive With SD Slot

Some have heard or own a WD Passport drive, which has a rechargeable battery and allows you to carry all kinds of photos and videos with you. Simple wirelessly connect a laptop, tablet or phone to it and you have access. A pretty nice thing to have. But it lacked something for some photographers. Until now.

The just announced the My passport Wireless drive, with an SD card built in. You can configure the device to automatically copy images and/or videos from the inserted SD card to the drive, or copy and then wipe the SD card. So, it can do a backup or a transfer. That can be pretty handy for long trips or vacation shootings.

This My Passport Wireless drive is currently available online at the WD Store, and will be available at select U.S. retailers later in September. MSRP is:
$129.99 USD for 500 GB
$179.99 USD for 1 TB
$219.99 USD for 2 TB

For specs and images, see:
My Passport Wireless

The only problem? They are out of stock already......

Olympus Passion Magazine
Idiot Savant AND trouble-maker...

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014   #2
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 7045525
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: My Passport Wireless Drive With SD Slot

That's pretty slick, and the price ain't bad either. Too bad it doesn't read CF cards as well.
zemlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014   #3
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: My Passport Wireless Drive With SD Slot

Yeah, a CF slot would help the larger DLSR crowd. Keep thinking CF is going to wither away, but it keeps hanging in there.

Olympus Passion Magazine
Idiot Savant AND trouble-maker...

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is online now   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories »

Share this topic: