Recommend a flash bracket - Page 4
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-30-2014   #31
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 1232477
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Recommend a flash bracket

Pardon me for asking at this stage of the thread, but exactly what do you intend to use this on and what kind of flash do you plan to mount on this rig?

I ask because while you're getting some very interesting suggestions, for photojournalism on the run, I've used a Saunders Stroboframe Flip Flash for about 10 years and for me it's perfect. It'll easily support any type of Nikon SB or other similar strobe. It will fold up to sit inside a small shoulder bag like a Domke by placing both ends in separate lens pockets and laying the vertical bar with a foam covered handle on the top of the inside pouch. If you need more padding on the handle, get a chunk of pipe foam wrap and cut it to whatever length you want.

It's very light weight, made from aircraft aluminium I believe, plenty strong,has quick mount shoes, and it won't chip, crack peel, warp flake or rust. They have a lot of them, new or used on the Bay for less than $30 bucks in all sorts of configurations and altitudes. Stroboframe was the original manufacturer of these even before RRS started making knock-offs of one or another. Here's one of the originals types.
Stroboframe Quick Flip 350 Camera Flash Bracket Mint | eBay

stroboframe flip flash bracket | eBay

Take it light.
Mark
"In the end, it's doubtful anyone will remember you for your equipment but rather the images you produced with it." [Author unk.]

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories »

Share this topic: