Tripods Again - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2014   #21
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 148438
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Tripods Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Geig View Post
I have a Vanguard Alta, but it has 3 section legs. It came with a decent ball head, holds my D2x just fine, and was only $180. 2 quick release plates also...And a carry case...
Thanks for the suggestion. I will be at the WPPI Expo next week and will take a look at some of the vendor products and purchase a tripod when I return.
I was happy to get all the recommendations from this thread.
cpharm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014   #22
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 43480375

I like the MeFoto (aluminum version) I bought for the D5100 & a 70-300mm lens. I was surprised when it easily handled the D610 & Bigma just as well, and it's under $200.00.

Also converts to a monopod which I've used with the bigma/610 in low light. It was handy to use & sturdy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MeFoto.jpg (115.5 KB, 54 views)
Old 02-23-2014   #23
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

I recently replaced a Bogen 3001 with
"Benro C2680T Travel Angel Carbon Fiber Tripod"
and an Acratech GPss head - it's a great combo for travelling and walking around with gear

1. I can sell/give you the Bogen if you want it
2. The Benro is great - should have done this years ago
marcr1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014   #24
Guanaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro70z28 View Post
I like the MeFoto (aluminum version) I bought for the D5100 & a 70-300mm lens. I was surprised when it easily handled the D610 & Bigma just as well, and it's under $200.00.

Also converts to a monopod which I've used with the bigma/610 in low light. It was handy to use & sturdy.
Thanks for another alternative. Looks sturdy.
cpharm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014   #25
Guanaco

Default Purchased

I went to WPPI and saw this new product from Manfrotto. I went ahead and purchased it from B&H with a 10% discount since I pre-ordered at the convention. Final price was $324 which was in my price range. This should meet my needs. I will find out in about a week when it is delivered.
Thank you for all your suggestions and input.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories »

Share this topic: