Carbon Fibre Tripod - Page 6
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2014   #51
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 12615712
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Carbon Fibre Tripod

Sale on Induro Tripods

Induro | 25% off Online Rebate on Select Induro Carbon Fiber Tripods

Canon 7D2, Canon 7D, Canon 30D, Canon 500/4L,Canon 100-400/4.5-5.6L II, Canon 400/5.6L, Canon 70-200/2.8 L II, Canon 100/2.8 Macro, Canon 50/1.8 MkI, Canon 40mm f/2.8 STM,Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Canon 17-55/2.8, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Rokinon 8/3.5 FE, Sigma 1.4 and 2X EX ,Canon 1.4x II and 2x III, Induro CT313 tripod, AT214 tripod, Induro GHB-2 gimbal, Canon 600EX-RT, Canon 430EX, Olympus TG-3
icassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014   #52
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 171094

Here's another vote for Induro. I've been using the AT413 with the short column for over two years now and haven't had a single problem. The only thing I've done is silicone the feet to the bottom tube to keep water out. After a day of shooting at the beach I just rinse off the tripod with fresh water. I also have the Induro gimbel GHB2 and it's been great to use with my 500mm. I would highly recommend both products.
Chops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014   #53
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 690429
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max@Home View Post
...this innovative new product is tripod and monopod, & folds 'the other way' to make it really compact - fits inside a backpack...

...just €0.00002...

Kindest regards,

Max@Home
Quote:
Originally Posted by BambersImages View Post
This looks cute, Max. The carbon fibre version isn't in the pretty colours though!
You only get the choice of black or titanium with carbon fibre.

Looks very nice for travel because the weight is low at 1.4kg including the head.
Reviews on Amazon say that it does have vibration when fully extended though.

I do like the horizontal centre pole with the Manfrotto I bought...but it is heavier than my previous carbon fibre pod.
...strange things happen in life

An aquaintance had his tripod stolen out of his car, and he called me and offered to buy my complete tripod kit for what-I-paid-for-it, I agreed and the deal was finalized within an hour later

So... I went shopping and compairing again for myself and ended up buying the Mefoto Globetrotter (C2350Q2T) in titanium color and in carbon...

...€0.02...

Kindest regards,

Max@Home

Canon PowerShot G1X MkII, Canon PowerShot G3X, some accessories (hoods, flashes, filters, tripod) and some knowledge to use them
Max@Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014   #54
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 12615712

They claim it supports a dSLR with up to a 70-200/4. Darn, not quite sturdy enough

Canon 7D2, Canon 7D, Canon 30D, Canon 500/4L,Canon 100-400/4.5-5.6L II, Canon 400/5.6L, Canon 70-200/2.8 L II, Canon 100/2.8 Macro, Canon 50/1.8 MkI, Canon 40mm f/2.8 STM,Sigma 10-20/4-5.6, Canon 17-55/2.8, Tamron 17-50/2.8, Rokinon 8/3.5 FE, Sigma 1.4 and 2X EX ,Canon 1.4x II and 2x III, Induro CT313 tripod, AT214 tripod, Induro GHB-2 gimbal, Canon 600EX-RT, Canon 430EX, Olympus TG-3
icassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014   #55
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 690429
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by icassell View Post
They claim it supports a dSLR with up to a 70-200/4. Darn, not quite sturdy enough
Not for what-you-carry, no, but it even got 'editor's choice' on DPReview just jet

Quote: DPReview:
Quote:
However, if you don't go to these physical extremes in your photography and travels, we feel the MeFoto GlobeTrotter strikes the best balance between packable size, robust build, and generous capacity, with the most reasonable price in this group of three. Any of these three tripods can take larger cameras and lenses when traveling, but the MeFoto inspires the most confidence when doing so, and that's something that goes beyond the specs and marketing blurbs.
always nice when your choice gets somehow confirmed

For those still searching: Travel tripods: 5 carbon fiber kits reviewed: Digital Photography Review certainly an interesting read.

...€0.00002...

Kindest, regards,

Max@Home

Canon PowerShot G1X MkII, Canon PowerShot G3X, some accessories (hoods, flashes, filters, tripod) and some knowledge to use them
Max@Home is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories »

Share this topic: