SD HC or XD cards
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2013   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default SD HC or XD cards

I recently received a Verbatim SDXD card as a gift. I have been using the SanDisk Extreme Pro SDHC UHS-I Memory Card 32GB until now and have been happy with it.
I tried the new SDXC card and it seems to be faster than the ScanDisk however its a fraction of the price.
What is your opinion on this?

Old 06-03-2013   #2
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 77
Default Re: SD HC or XD cards

I think on each choice you should evaluate the price / performance ratio and the level of compatibility with your camera.
alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 10
Default Re: SD HC or XD cards

Hi alessandro
As mentioned where I am the price of the SD HC is very high, the SD XC is about half and seem to give double the performance. Asked about it at the shop and the person said demand for XD cards are low, as there is not a lot of cameras in circulation that can use them. Do you know what the advantages/disadvantages would be HC vs XC?

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories »

Share this topic: