Stacked Teleconverters - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2013   #11
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 7045525
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Stacked Teleconverters

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryph View Post
Of course the big issue with stacking TC's is the light loss. Shooting at F/16 may be acceptable, but what ISO was needed to get acceptable shutter speeds? I see some small amount of noise in the shots, and was curious.

That in no way degrades these shots, it is awesome to try and know and the shots ended up coming out great. That loss of contrast and even that minor CA is a complete non-issue with today's photo editing software.
ISO 400, f/16, 1/50
zemlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013   #12
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First

I love goofing with teleconvertors, you got some decent results. I've had lesser images come out of extreme circumstances but here's an image I took with a 80-200 2.8 mounted on a tamron/kenko 2x and 1.4x set of teleconverters. I shot it handheld bracing myself on a rock from a few miles away and heavily cropped it. Total math was 200*1.5*2*1.4=840mm on a D90, not including cropping in post. after a 12x crop it's basically the view from a 10080mm focal length.

While the image SUCKS...I got the image. I managed to find the vantage point and subject on google earth and it was about 5 miles from me.

I have other images that are better I believe but I just wanted to chime in that it's fun to try. I want to do more neat stuff with my 500mm mirror but since it's image quality is already pretty degraded by design, I haven't much initiative.
Figit090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013   #13
Llama

CamelKarma: 197661
Editing OK?: Yes

My dream is to someday own a 200mm f2.0 and I would try to stack 2 teleconverts
nasoj21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013   #14
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 90102
Editing OK?: No

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasoj21 View Post
My dream is to someday own a 200mm f2.0 and I would try to stack 2 teleconverts
I've had the 200mm F/2.0 VRII on my camera several times now... add a sturdy tripod to your dream, either that or wish for arms like Arnold so that you can hold it for more than 10 shots... lol

- Zack Arias

"...Bonum certamen certavi, cursum consumavi et fidem servavi..."
jerryph is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories »

Share this topic: