Winter gloves for photography - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013   #11
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Winter gloves for photography

I've owned a pair of these for about three years and I think they're perfect for Photography!
They were a very nice Christmas gift from the Wife: she got them from Adorama,
Aquatech Sensory Gloves, Size: Extra Large, 9-9.5" - Black/Moss (They come in other sizes.)

I'm a very happy customer of both Adorama and B&H Audio– tale your pick.
I thought the price was reasonable for the quality and how well they function– they're very light
its very easy to get your finger and/or thumb in/out of the openings.
Michael Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013   #12
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First

Adorama has a "Flaspoint Finger shooting glove that I like. Warmer than you would expect and nice design for shutter/button finger. $22
billsnature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013   #13
Llama

CamelKarma: 33121
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
I've used light-weight gloves under mittens. The mittens can be slid off in a moment, and the light gloves are usually warm enough for most shooting. Tethering the mittens to a parka keeps them handy while you're using just the light gloves.
That's what I do up here in northern Minnesota. I wear a pair of Blackhawk tactical shooting gloves inside a pair of mittens. Mittens come off to shoot while the gloves allow good tactile feel of the camera controls.

“Light makes photography. Embrace the light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography.” ---George Eastman
Naturalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013   #14
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

For super cold I use the Cabelas Mitten/glove that has Windstopper fabric and Thinsulate insulation. It has 1/2 fingures on glove portion and a mitten cover for the 4 fingers that are 1/2s. There is a magnet in the flip open part (mitten) that holds it opne on closed. I wear light glove underneath, like naturalist, but in this case I don't need to remove mitten or teather it.
billsnature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013   #15
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 129

I think geography has allot to do with the glove(s) that you wear in cold weather. The gloves with the slide off finger tips would never work in Wisconsin where I live. The best combination I have found for cold weather is a lightweight glove inside of a glo/mitt. It's possible to do most shooting with both glove layers, adjustments in ISO, EC etc can be done by flipping the mitt part off. In very cold weather I shove heatpacks inside the gloves and in super cold weather I wear heavy mittens with a remote release inside the mitten. Tripod shooting is the best thing you can do to keep hand warm, nothing chills them faster then continually holding on to a metal camera body.
lowbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013   #16
bw3
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 34808

Hi Fran -- Your gloves look as they should work great. I live in South Dakota and the weather can be cold and nasty at times. I've always just worn wool glove liners from any of the farm stores and they have always worked perfect for me. Able to use all camera controls and keep reasonably warm at the same time.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories »

Share this topic: