Checking Battery (AA) Cond. By Charge Rate/State?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011   #1
Llama

CamelKarma: 388
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Checking Battery (AA) Cond. By Charge Rate/State?

I have a mixture of Energizer AA batteries. I didn't think to mark them as they were purchased at different times. So, some have different amounts of use.

I have noticed when I put some on the charger, they didn't discharge as much as the other ones. While some are at "1" on the digital read out on my charger (A Powerex 8 cell smart charger), some other's read 2 or 3 on how much is left on the charge.

Is it safe to say that the ones that didn't discharge as much - or at least the ones that don't show as much discharge - are the newer ones? The different packs were bought many months apart and I've noticed my flash dying alot sooner than I would like it to?

Is this a good way to sort the newer ones from the older ones by what the charge is showing?

~Michael~

D3 D300
l 24-70 2.8 l 70-200 2.8 VR I l Sigma 150 2.8 Bugma l 50 1.8 l 28 2.8 l SB-800 l Manfrotto 055XBPro and Ball Head

Some people see things
and say
WHY?
I look at things
and Say
Why NOT?
iflynething is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories »

Share this topic: