What Camera Bag?
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2011   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 18
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Post What Camera Bag?

I've recently increased on the amount of camera equipment I have. Before, I just had the one Dlsr with one lens. Now I have a new zoom lens and a flash and host of other bits and pieces, filters etc. I'm currently using a lowepro toploader. It's okay as it does what it's meant to. But now I need something a little big bigger. I've look around at a few types, but most I've seen seem to accommodate the inclusion of a laptop compartment which I am not interested in. Any recommendations as to what is suitable?

Old 01-01-2011   #2
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1701
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: What Camera Bag?

For running around I use the Lowpro Slingshoot 200 AW
I find it holds all my gear for heading out on the trail walking and it flips around for easy access. It has enough pockets for extra cards, batteries, cleaning things. Very easy to change lenses and it can act as a support for your arms if needed. They also come in larger sizes if you need more lenses.

Hope this helps.
Canon 5D mkIII * Canon 7D * Canon 70-200 L F2.8 IS * Tamron 24-70 F2.8 IS * Tokina 16-28 F2.8 * Canon 60mm EF-s F2.8 Macro * Canon 10-22 * Canon 17-55 F2.8 IS * 75-300 USM II 4.5-5.6 * 580EX II Speedlight * 2 of YN460-II * 4 of Cactus V5 * Bamboo Pen & Touch * Gigapan * 4 Enstines
0ldsch00ld0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 902
Editing OK?: Ask first

I received the LowePro 302AW for Christmas and I absolutely love it! Slightly bigger than the one previously mentioned, but this just gives me more of an excuse to get more goodies!

Lowepro - SlingShot 302 AW
wiseguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #4
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 48
Editing OK?: No

I am a fan of the Tamrac Expedition series. I've had the Expedition 5, and now the 7x. They are great with lots of wonderful touches. Here is a shot showing what all it holds.

The pockets and water bottle are accessories, and ones that I recommend. The bag is awesome on its own though.

Shooting digital with a film state of mind
NCPhotoTrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #5
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 3654690

I just got a Tenba Shootout Daypack - Capacity: 2 SLRs, 5-7 lenses (up to 70-200mm f2.8 & flash, plus jacket, food and other travel needs. No laptop compartment

Never argue with an idiot! They drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience..

Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/90957342@N08/
Erich1B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #6
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1758
Editing OK?: Ask First

Another vote for a Lowe Pro
2 1/4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011   #7
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 901196

I have lowe pro Slingshot 200 AW i love this bag a lot
Old 01-01-2011   #8
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1091466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight View Post
I've recently increased on the amount of camera equipment I have. Before, I just had the one Dlsr with one lens. Now I have a new zoom lens and a flash and host of other bits and pieces, filters etc. I'm currently using a lowepro toploader. It's okay as it does what it's meant to. But now I need something a little big bigger. I've look around at a few types, but most I've seen seem to accommodate the inclusion of a laptop compartment which I am not interested in. Any recommendations as to what is suitable?
Remember grasshopper, there is no law that says you have to put a laptop in the laptop compartment. Great for things like a Lumiquest Pro Max kit for a flash unit. A collapsible white balance target or reflector, etc...

I can honestly say that there are two most remarkable men in the world today. Michio Kaku is one and I am the other one. Between us we cover all knowledge.

Kaku knows all that can be known....And I know the rest.

"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery. Today?
Today is a gift. That is why we call it the present."

Master Oogway from Kung Fu Panda
gryphonslair99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011   #9
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 10

I have the canon gadget 10eg bag on my list, will purchase it soon,seems large enough to hold camera body with lens on it and another 1-2 lenses +accessories
Eagle355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011   #10
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Llama

CamelKarma: 951145

If you're considering a slingshot type or backpack you might look at the Kata 123 series.
Kata 123 series.
These can be used as backpack for long walks sharing the weight on both shoulders and as a slingshot for easy access to equipment.
I have one, and it works well, only thing is I'm always struggling with putting accessories in the top compartment. It's just a large compartment so things tend to roll around in it.

--= 500px =--
andrejan is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Camera Accessories »

Share this topic: