PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum

PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum (https://photocamel.com/forum/)
-   Camel Meetups (https://photocamel.com/forum/camel-meetups/)
-   -   The First PhotoCamel Meet & Greet! Amsterdam 10th - 12th May 2007 (https://photocamel.com/forum/camel-meetups/22467-first-photocamel-meet-greet-amsterdam-10th-12th-may-2007-a.html)

Paul Shields 03-20-2007 05:37 PM

The First PhotoCamel Meet & Greet! Amsterdam 10th - 12th May 2007

This is to formally announce a get-together amongst fellow Camels. It will be held in the glorious city of Amsterdam between 10th to 12th May.

We already have a few people who are officially booked for this inaugural gathering. If anyone else is interested then please express your interest here. So far we have:

Paul Shields (me)
Cedric_R
Rense
Max (Max@Home)

All are welcome, but don't leave it too late!

JDArt 03-21-2007 07:11 AM

Re: The First PhotoCamel Meet & Greet! Amsterdam 10th - 12th May 2007

I'll try...

:afro:

kelley_french 03-21-2007 07:47 AM

wish i could be their miss a-dam, great place.

peterst6906 03-21-2007 07:55 AM

Wooo hooo!

I live in The Hague and will actually be home then, so definitely count me in.

Regards,

Peter (a new, but enthusiastic camel)

Paul Shields 03-21-2007 10:59 AM

Great news Peter!

Stormdancing 03-21-2007 11:59 AM

I will be your Sherpa, if I can get my way paid.
I would love to be there. Sounds like so much fun.
Hopefully we can get a USA Meet together some day.

LeeK 03-23-2007 11:34 PM

Right in the middle of section two of furniture catalog season...tip one for me!

Max@Home 03-24-2007 06:12 AM

Hi All!

...just to get some ideas of what-would-we-like-to-do: some possible activities, small trips, etc. Please have a look and state your 'priorities' :)

Amsterdam:
- Canal/harbour tour by boat
- Artis Zoo (old & rather famous one :) )
- Inner City walk - daytime
- RedLightDistrict walk - evening (in the past these were guided by a TV-personality - Rob van Houten)
- Photography museum(s)
- Van Gogh Museum / Stedelijk Museum / Rijks Museum (with the 'NightWatch-Nachtwacht' of Rembrandt van Rijn)
- visit the new 'floating City' area

Near Amsterdam:
- Keukenhof Lisse (permanent Tulip/Flower show, I'll have to check whether they are still open...)
- The Hague (Residential Capitol with Government Buildings etc, an old 'Royal Class' city
- Rotterdam (Large International Sea Harbour, Zoo, famous Bridges, waterfront-buildings, etc)

Both Rotterdam & The Hague can be reached very easily by train from Amsterdam, and are +/- 40 to 60 minutes away.

Further away and less easily reachable:
- Coastal works in Zeeland
- Studio Frank Doorhof (Emmeloord)

FOR THE DUTCH READERS (or those knowing our country :) ): please EDIT AND ADD to this thread/post, so we have a large scale of activities etc we can pick from :).

Interested in hearing your priorities :)

Kindest regards!

Max@Home

peterst6906 03-25-2007 01:09 PM

Hi Max,

Well, since I've lived in The Netherlands for almost 15 months now, I've seen a lot of Holland, but only a very small part of Amsterdam itself.

So I'd be up for any of the Amsterdam activities, though I'd also love to see Frank Doorhof's studio (that would be #1 on my list).

I'm heading to Keukenhof this Sunday (I loved it last year) and as I live in The Hague, I pretty much know the area back-to-front (I live just behind the Peace Palace, so reasonably close to the Centre as well).

Rotterdam would also be OK, but I think the activites in Amsterdam or The Hague would be more interesting.

Regards,

Peter

Paul Shields 03-31-2007 05:21 PM

If there is anyone else seriously interested in this meet then please let me know either by posting here or via PM. We're about to start setting up the logistics. Some of that discussion will take place outside of the forum so if you're not fully signed up then you may miss the boat.