New Zealand "drown the gown" 12 december 2010 .
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Camel Meetups

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010   #1
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 2930828
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default New Zealand "drown the gown" 12 december 2010 .

I don't know how many New Zealanders will see this but anyway - on Sunday 12 December 2010 we will have 5 or 6 models in wedding dresses at the bottom of Bridal veil falls out near Raglan .
This is what the lighting will probably be like from 2 pm .

If the sunlight is harsh there are various places along the river that are well shaded - the "brides" will walk in the river and swim at the base of the falls [ in the safe areas of course ]

I have a few 'surprises' lined up , I've made some smoke bombs and they will hopefully add some mood to the shoot . I did a few test runs this afternoon .

At the moment we have 13 photographers , 2 assistants and 3-7 "brides" and it should be a fun day , weather allowing and anyone is welcome .

Old 12-06-2010   #2
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 2930828
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: New Zealand "drown the gown" 12 december 2010 .

So the shoot is set for Sunday 12 December
I'm open to suggestions but for the moment I have a plan 'of sorts' , but we all know how they generally end up .
So far we have 7 photographers listed here , and possibly 8 'brides' if they all turn up . This shoot will be quite different from the usual because people will be bringing friends and assistants with as well but to maintain some sort of order I'm thinking of doing quite a few shots with all of the girls in the picture , or in sequence one after the other .
Less than 5 minutes walk from the beginning of the track is this open area of the river .
I have about 35 smoke bombs to go through . I'm thinking of having them walk up the river one at a time ....... taking photos , stop in the middle somewhere , pyromaniac releases smoke bomb and we have the mist effect as they get closer to us = 8 smoke bombs used .

Then another easy 5 minutes and we have this tree trunk in the river near the top of the falls .
I have a white plastic shower curtain which would enable them to lie on the log without getting dirty and the colour will blend in nicely with the dress hopefully .
Perhaps another smoke bomb each for this part of the shoot .

Then we get to the bottom of the falls , I think we may use a few smoke bombs here as well .

I'm imagining someone standing in those trees with the sword

Once we have them all together at the bottom we line them up in front of the waterfall , a few group shots and then one at a time they fall back into the deeper water - maybe a few shots with them flicking water up with their hair and then " free for all " anyone does what they want .

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Camel Meetups »

Share this topic: