Pricing Question for Vehicle wrap
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Business of Photography

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2015   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 323038
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Pricing Question for Vehicle wrap

I have someone that wants to purchase one of my images to use to wrap their van.
I have no idea how to price this, help please!!!!!
I shoot atv motocross and it is a shot of one of their team riders.

Old 10-03-2015   #2
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1004893
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: Pricing Question for Vehicle wrap

I am not a professional but it seems like this might be a good way for you to advertise your expertise. Perhaps tell them you normally do it for $xxxx but if you can put your logo on the photo (where it can be subtly seen) then you can do it for $XX. Win win for both of you.

Olympus OMD EM-1, EPL1, standard kit lens, 17mm 1.8, 60mm macro, 75-300mm II, 45mm 1.8, Rokinon 7.5mm Fish Eye, lens cap lens, ec-14, Fl-36 flash, adapter, misc accessories.
mike C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015   #3
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 178206

There are tons of pricing guides out there maybe check them out.

Personally I would consider the wrap a huge deal. The way I see it your photo went from a cool shot to representing the companies image. This will be scene by a lot of people. Do not let it go for cheap. I would say detailed discussions are in order with the client and make sure you get it in writing. Also it has been my experience that no one looks at a byline and says "wow I should hire that photographer".

www.craigblankphoto.com
Sketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015   #4
Guanaco

I spoke to a fellow photog, who has sold images for similar types of things, he gave me a suggestion and I went a little lower the guy said I was crazy for asking that much, it was. Just a picture. So I kindly said have a nice day.
LRussoPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015   #5
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 178206

I would say you made the right decision. In this case it is more then just a picture. I said before if the photo is representing the company then it has a huge value. I am sure that the cost is a tough pill to swallow for the client, but at some point as good business person you have to realize that photography has value. Particularly if the client plans on standing out above his competition.

www.craigblankphoto.com
Sketch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015   #6
Guanaco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
I would say you made the right decision. In this case it is more then just a picture. I said before if the photo is representing the company then it has a huge value. I am sure that the cost is a tough pill to swallow for the client, but at some point as good business person you have to realize that photography has value. Particularly if the client plans on standing out above his competition.

Thanks, Im happy with my decision
LRussoPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015   #7
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 264276

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRussoPhoto View Post
.... I went a little lower the guy said I was crazy for asking that much, it was. Just a picture. So I kindly said have a nice day.
It wasn't just a picture - it was an advert for his team/business that would have been used to generate revenue/sponsorship etc - it costs money just like any other kind of advert.
Dan Marchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015   #8
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1004893
Editing OK?: Ask first

Agree you did the right thing. Never sell yourself short.

Olympus OMD EM-1, EPL1, standard kit lens, 17mm 1.8, 60mm macro, 75-300mm II, 45mm 1.8, Rokinon 7.5mm Fish Eye, lens cap lens, ec-14, Fl-36 flash, adapter, misc accessories.
mike C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015   #9
Guanaco

Yeah, he couldn't comprehend the fact that it was an advertisement. His loss. I'm done giving stuff away too cheap, I'd rather hit delete the sell cheap.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Business of Photography »

Share this topic: