Best Photo Web Hosting sites - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Business of Photography

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2014   #21
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 116
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Best Photo Web Hosting sites

I'm really enjoying Zenfolio. I know they charge high service fees on top of my profit, but I shoot lots of High School Dance program stuff (groups, head shots, action dance photos, etc.). Really nice to not have to take lots of small checks to the bank and hope they all clear, or using the cell phone swipe thing. So far, Zenfolio is great. They ship my clients' products within a week. Just what I needed.
jstevensphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014   #22
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 119507
Editing OK?: Ask First

Any input on newest versions of Zenfolio vs Smugmug? I am using Smugmug now, but Zenfolio offers Instagram sharing and that's a plus. I'm not unhappy, but that's a feature I would like I think. Any reason to stay with Smugmug?
gckless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014   #23
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 148438

Quote:
Originally Posted by gckless View Post
Any input on newest versions of Zenfolio vs Smugmug? I am using Smugmug now, but Zenfolio offers Instagram sharing and that's a plus. I'm not unhappy, but that's a feature I would like I think. Any reason to stay with Smugmug?
I mentioned earlier on this thread:
I had Smugmug and went with Zenfolio. I had no problems with Smugmug. They had excellent customer service and quick responses. I went with Zenfolio because of the lab choices I had. Otherwise both are excellent and you will or should not be disappointed with either one.

Perhaps do a trial with Zenfolio and see what you think. I find it easier to make changes and navigate thru the site. I have the premium business and find their customer service very good.
cpharm86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015   #24
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 438961

I've been hosting and processing orders through my own website/lab/Paypal/post office. What a hassle. Going to switch to someone else and just mark up a bit more. Based on this conversation, I may go with Zenfolio. Thanks to all who added to this conversation.
Blad Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015   #25
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blad Boy View Post
I've been hosting and processing orders through my own website/lab/Paypal/post office. What a hassle. Going to switch to someone else and just mark up a bit more. Based on this conversation, I may go with Zenfolio. Thanks to all who added to this conversation.
I don't think you will regret it. I've been with Zen for a year now, and it has really made things easier for me. Shoot it, Web it and Forget it.
Old 08-20-2015   #26
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 438961

For my portraits, they will go through me, and my normal sales process. For events, online makes more sense.
Blad Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2015   #27
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by gckless View Post
I've never tried Smugmug, but Zenfolio keeps updating their product and I like that. They recently added mobile buying to their service. I can either activate it or not. Some might prefer not, but I like it. Clients can see and buy anything with a cellphone or tablet.
Old 08-25-2015   #28
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

SmugMug - been with them for 10+ years. Excellent customer service + ability to customize your site.
See examples of SmugMug Customization - click here

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Business of Photography »

Share this topic: