Show us your Business Card - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Business of Photography

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2010   #21
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 11786
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Show us your Business Card

I try to throw a personal touch in the cards- I print specific cards for each event. Typically weddings- when I shoot the engagement shots, I then take the best 5-6 shots and turn them into cards to have on hand at the wedding/reception. It is pretty cool because all you need to do is hand out one, then you have people coming all night asking for cards and passing them around and sharing them. It has worked well with repeat business.
grizzhcky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010   #22
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 1016
Editing OK?: No

Karen I know that this is an older post 2 weeks out but wanted to just mention, I like the look of the first one best. I also wanted to mention that your web site color is kind of hard to read with the dark and red font on the mustard/gold background, perhaps its just my eyes but I would want to know this if it were my site. Also it took several seconds to load. Best wishes to you on your card and your site! Sincerly DD
Boise ID. USA
Lightdances is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010   #23
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask first

Hello karen,

Sorry for my late reply.
The 3 card i like but i think the background color of the first look better.

Best regards,
marc
Marc-NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010   #24
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 245

Old 05-04-2010   #25
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 14
Editing OK?: Ask First

I have to say, and I'm now being very frank and honest, that all the cards shown in this thread yell out "amateurish" and that I've "paid no attention to my visual identity" .. no offense, but they do. I would really urge you guys and girls to hire a graphic designer to get you started with a good visual identity.

If you would hand me out a card like that, I'd have to say that honestly it would do more harm than good for your entire appearance and presence (sales speech) you might have given to me prior to that.

Logo and trademark can be costly when done good and right, but if you just want a business card without any fancy written out graphic guidelines etc, I'm guessing you'd get it done around 100-200 dollars (judging and guessing that you guys mostly reside in the US).

Here's my card for my business (www.milanmedia.fi). My card is not perfect - but I hope you get what I mean, i.a. "less is more" .. of course I have my website & contact information on the back side, but I have not crammed it up with tons of needless and distracting information + plus using dozens of different typefaces with little understanding of visual integrity and type's size contrast.

These things matter, really, they do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg milanmedia_bcard.jpg (119.1 KB, 335 views)
Milan Kolarovic | MilanMedia<br />Kangasrouskuntie 2 B 1, 90650 Oulu | Finland<br />http://www.milankolarovic.com<br />http://www.milanmedia.fi<br />http://milan.1g.fi<br /><br />Canon 20D + BG-E2, EF 70-200/2.8 L IS, EF 100/2.8 macro, EF 50/1.4, EF 17-40/4 L, 420EX
Acumen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010   #26
Alpaca

here's my dog card

oops. sorry they're so big.... yikes!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dog card front.jpg (51.5 KB, 318 views)
File Type: jpg dog card back.jpg (66.7 KB, 317 views)

Wag More, Bark Less
tbergphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010   #27
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 4363
Editing OK?: No

Totally redesigning mine, after the mushed up rubbish my last batch turned out, lol
Old 05-06-2010   #28
Alpaca

I think as photographers we all know just enough graphic design to be dangerous and not quite enough to be really good at it.

I agree that most photographer's business cards are too busy --with too many different fonts, too many different colors and too much going on. I also don't think that a photographer always needs an image on the card. I use dog images on my card because I think dog people love to see them. My people card does not have any images on it and I plan to keep it that way. I'm changing them up slightly - so I'll post an example when they're finished.

Wag More, Bark Less
tbergphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #29
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 530
Editing OK?: Yes

This is the one I use for my rodeo events. I'm currently making up a new one for the portrait side of the business.

~I never saw a wild thing that felt sorry for itself~
jc77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010   #30
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 530
Editing OK?: Yes

I love the dog cards Teresa!

~I never saw a wild thing that felt sorry for itself~
jc77 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Tools Of the Trade > Business of Photography »

Share this topic: