PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum

PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum (https://photocamel.com/forum/)
-   Black & White (https://photocamel.com/forum/black-white/)
-   -   Bodie (https://photocamel.com/forum/black-white/233594-bodie.html)

West coast Mike 01-27-2018 09:04 AM

Bodie

6 Attachment(s)
These pictures were taken on what started out to be a couple weeks spent on the Oregon coast shooting seascapes, but the weather was pretty crappy in November so I dropped down into California. We ended up in Bodie but due to bad weather there could only stay one day before crossing the Pass into Yosemite N.P. Still managed to get some decent shots and a destination for some spring 2018 photography.

West coast Mike 01-27-2018 09:06 AM

Re: Bodie

6 Attachment(s)
More from Bodie.

Mr. Pickles 01-27-2018 09:07 AM

Some nice B&W here but must say that 2 and 4 stand out more to me for some reason.... Some more good work.

West coast Mike 01-27-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pickles (Post 2381199)
Some nice B&W here but must say that 2 and 4 stand out more to me for some reason.... Some more good work.

I agree about the number 2 & 4 pictures, I also like the church and it's interior shots.

Gregw 01-27-2018 10:01 AM

#2 is a fantastic shot. I only wish that pickup truck wasn't visible. Great textures in that room. Bodie has been on my radar for a while but haven't made the trek yet.

West coast Mike 01-27-2018 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gregw (Post 2381224)
#2 is a fantastic shot. I only wish that pickup truck wasn't visible. Great textures in that room. Bodie has been on my radar for a while but haven't made the trek yet.

Thanks, and I agree about the truck, probably should have removed it.

fatoldbaldguy 01-27-2018 12:37 PM

Nice location and beautiful shots. I like 2 and 4 also but the panorama and the last shot work well for me also. I might give those two a slight curves adjustment to increase the contrast a little but that's just me. I like some punch in my BWs. very nice. I'm jealous of your access to such beautiful country.

chuck

West coast Mike 01-27-2018 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatoldbaldguy (Post 2381251)
Nice location and beautiful shots. I like 2 and 4 also but the panorama and the last shot work well for me also. I might give those two a slight curves adjustment to increase the contrast a little but that's just me. I like some punch in my BWs. very nice. I'm jealous of your access to such beautiful country.

chuck

Yes, maybe I will revisit the pano and see what can be done IWO improvement. Thanks for the input.

Mike

nu2scene 01-27-2018 03:10 PM

Nicely done. I like these a lot.

Looking at them, I want to go and shoot it in IR.

Gregw 01-27-2018 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nu2scene (Post 2381272)
Nicely done. I like these a lot.

Looking at them, I want to go and shoot it in IR.

Don't do that if you're easily spooked.