Couple from today 12-16
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Birds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2015   #1
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 11093068
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Couple from today 12-16

Thanks for looking, C&C welcome.

Stop rocking the boat!

Northern Cardinal

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers

Donít cling to a mistake just because you took a lot of time making it. - unknown
Wcube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 29580011
Default Re: Couple from today 12-16

Cute shot in that first one. What is strange to me is I can't seem to pinpoint where the focus spot is. You have one birds head closer and the other farther away but neither quite in focus. But I can't seem to find the focus anywhere, like the feeder, or pole or seeds in the feeder. It was probably low light as you had ISO at 720 and f/6.3 but I would still think something in there would be in focus.

Do you have a filter on that lens? If so what type and brand?

Do you have image stabilization turned on?
hunter58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2015   #3
Photocamel Master

Steve, there are no filters on the lens and the stabilization was on. With both birds on the feeder it was moving and the AF may not have kept up with such a narrow DOF at 20'.. The tufted titmouse's eye was the focus point and is the closes thing to being sharp in the picture. Just thought it was a funny shot with both birds leaning to gain stability, thanks for the comments.

Donít cling to a mistake just because you took a lot of time making it. - unknown
Old 12-16-2015   #4
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 29580011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wcube View Post
Steve, there are no filters on the lens and the stabilization was on. With both birds on the feeder it was moving and the AF may not have kept up with such a narrow DOF at 20'.. The tufted titmouse's eye was the focus point and is the closes thing to being sharp in the picture. Just thought it was a funny shot with both birds leaning to gain stability, thanks for the comments.
It's a cute shot. I think you're correct it's probably the movement of the feeder.
hunter58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015   #5
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 46181528
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter58 View Post
Cute shot in that first one. What is strange to me is I can't seem to pinpoint where the focus spot is. You have one birds head closer and the other farther away but neither quite in focus. But I can't seem to find the focus anywhere, like the feeder, or pole or seeds in the feeder. It was probably low light as you had ISO at 720 and f/6.3 but I would still think something in there would be in focus.

Do you have a filter on that lens? If so what type and brand?

Do you have image stabilization turned on?
Still, it's at 1/400s so I would still expect something to be in focus. As said, cute shot.

www.kevinagar.uk

My flickr site

Bird Life List 1241
Bird Photographed Life List 1050
Canon 7DMkII, 7D, 500L F4.0, 100-400L, 1.4 Extender, Speedlite 430EXII
Frogstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015   #6
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 44270404

Lovely cardinal shot
Old 12-17-2015   #7
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 8899192
Editing OK?: Ask First

Nice shots Wallace. Are you on the tripod? If so, you shouldn't use the VC.

Sony gear
Bill in Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015   #8
Photocamel Master

Thanks everyone, Bill I was shooting free hand sitting in my chair. The way the little birds jump around I find it is easier to get on them without the tripod. I will use it for birds in flight.

Old 12-17-2015   #9
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 11575378

Well done.
DLeeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2015   #10
Photocamel Master

Thanks Lee.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Birds »

Share this topic: