Rainbow Lorikeet - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Birds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011   #11
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 7045525
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Rainbow Lorikeet

The second edit is a great improvement.
zemlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #12
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 7324142
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foothill Fotog View Post
The bird on it's own is a work of art. Your first edit kind of plays it up as an artistic piece by adding a 3D look. To me it resembles a porcelain figurine.

The second without the edge glow makes it a beautiful bird again. Because the background is so plain all attention goes to study the bird which I think is good, but not very natural. With some careful selection I think the bird could be isolated and placed over different soft focus background. Something green and jungle like. Just a suggestion.

Mark

Mark I took your suggestion and this is my 3rd edit.
Thanks for your suggestion
_Provo_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011   #13
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 285873
Editing OK?: Yes

SUPER! Yeah! I really LIKE this one. I haven't done a comparison, but the bird seem richer and overall the feel of the composition is great. Much more natural looking background.

Mark

https://picasaweb.google.com/ViddyFl...eat=directlink ... Please come back to Camel after looking
Foothill Fotog is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Birds »

Share this topic: