First light for new lens + 1 new species shot - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Birds

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011   #11
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 7847
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: First light for new lens + 1 new species shot

Thanks for the kind words, everybody. I'd like to say what a great photographer I am, but the truth is that I took over 100 photos to get those 2. That guy was running and zig-zagging at 90 miles per hour. Most of the shots were blurred with movement and he (she?) was either half out of the frame or out of it completely. I'm sure glad the film days are over... I'd never be able to afford to do bird photography with my F1-n.
ScubaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #12
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 314378
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaDude View Post
Tthe truth is that I took over 100 photos to get those 2. That guy was running and zig-zagging at 90 miles per hour. Most of the shots were blurred with movement and he (she?) was either half out of the frame or out of it completely. .
Sounds about right for fast birds on the move! That's why birders look at FPS in their cameras and tend to use higher ISOs and wider apertures. 2% is a perfectly acceptable result

Pat

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter."
- E.E. Cummings

Alpha 77 / Minolta 300mmf4 / Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 / Tamron 90mm Macro / Studio Equipment/Lighting and lots of other stuff
patsystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011   #13
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 13655016
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaDude View Post
Thanks for the kind words, everybody. I'd like to say what a great photographer I am, but the truth is that I took over 100 photos to get those 2. That guy was running and zig-zagging at 90 miles per hour. Most of the shots were blurred with movement and he (she?) was either half out of the frame or out of it completely. I'm sure glad the film days are over... I'd never be able to afford to do bird photography with my F1-n.

Never took up shooting with film just for that reason. But yes I have a lot more misses than hits.

gilfish is online now   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Birds »

Share this topic: