PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum

PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum (https://photocamel.com/forum/)
-   Birds (https://photocamel.com/forum/birds/)
-   -   A mixture from today (https://photocamel.com/forum/birds/116046-mixture-today.html)

Frogstar 09-21-2010 04:43 PM

A mixture from today
 
6 Attachment(s)
Another trip to Fairburn Ings. A mixed bag of close encounters :) and extreme crops :(. C&C welcome as usual. Exif intact
1. Dunnock
2. Ruff
3. Goldfinch
4. Ruff and Black-tailed Godwit
5. Greenfinch
6. Goldfinch

Kevin

Bonsaidad 09-21-2010 07:15 PM

Re: A mixture from today
 
Lovely series as usual Kevin, the Green and Gold finches are particularly nice, plenty of feather detail, and that all important eye contact.


Best regards Paul

bill_w 09-21-2010 08:19 PM

Re: A mixture from today
 
Beautiful Kevin.. I always like examining the fine details.. For example, are the feathers on the face on the Goldfinch always so coarse? or is it in a molt stage or something similar?

Holguin 09-22-2010 01:33 AM

Re: A mixture from today
 
Amazing series. I liked the small bird pics the best. The detail and lighting are great. Great job.

uk2usa 09-22-2010 04:56 AM

Re: A mixture from today
 
A very nice selection Kevin - all worthy of K... but that Dunnock is absolutely superb.

EDIT - Virtual K given as blocked by the Karma Police!

rawpaw18 09-22-2010 05:18 AM

Re: A mixture from today
 
Always a soft spot for your goldfinches for me. Also very fond of the Ruff and
Godwit shot, has a great look with its muted colors.

Luckyjon 09-22-2010 01:44 PM

Re: A mixture from today
 
Hi Kevin, I agree with all of the comments above. Really a fantastic series, once again proof that your editing skills are one step above many of us here. Very well done.

Frogstar 09-22-2010 04:16 PM

Re: A mixture from today
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonsaidad (Post 1097354)
Lovely series as usual Kevin, the Green and Gold finches are particularly nice, plenty of feather detail, and that all important eye contact.


Best regards Paul

Thanks Paul

Quote:

Originally Posted by bill_w (Post 1097405)
Beautiful Kevin.. I always like examining the fine details.. For example, are the feathers on the face on the Goldfinch always so coarse? or is it in a molt stage or something similar?

Thanks Bill, it's down to moulting as they are usually very spick and span :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holguin (Post 1097515)
Amazing series. I liked the small bird pics the best. The detail and lighting are great. Great job.

Thanks Robert, amazing how much is lost with the others due to cropping

Quote:

Originally Posted by uk2usa (Post 1097553)
A very nice selection Kevin - all worthy of K... but that Dunnock is absolutely superb.

EDIT - Virtual K given as blocked by the Karma Police!

Thanks for looking and the virtual K Alex


Quote:

Originally Posted by rawpaw18 (Post 1097557)
Always a soft spot for your goldfinches for me. Also very fond of the Ruff and
Godwit shot, has a great look with its muted colors.

Thanks Rich.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckyjon (Post 1097812)
Hi Kevin, I agree with all of the comments above. Really a fantastic series, once again proof that your editing skills are one step above many of us here. Very well done.

Thanks a lot John


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 PM.