The force is strong in this one
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Fun Stuff > Before and Afters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2008   #1
Llama

CamelKarma: 385899
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default The force is strong in this one

here some of my photoshop work of me in my vader suit, i am part of the 501st legion

85mm || MonoLandscapes || Flckr || 500px || 1x
cannockwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 6150
Default Re: The force is strong in this one

Hey, Dave, I have a friend working on his 1:1 still. Is this one modeled after ANH or ESB? Look great, BTW>

"difficult to survive by becoming professional photographer, it is more profitable to buy secondhand car and do pizza delivery than buy DSRL and shoot weddings." (kenzo D, Dpreview)

-Sig edited b/c someone requested it to done, the fun of was wearing out anyway!!!

I'm post happy, but Karma starved...please donate some
00silvergt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008   #3
Llama

its a vadermaker2 ANH (one of the best helmets available), but the chest box is an ESB, its a 3 piece suit made from leather and woollen cloaks so gets quite hot LOL
Old 05-20-2008   #4
F1 Camel

I believe, my friend has a cast directly from David Prowse's helmet from ESB. He is missing the boots and the gadgets on his belt. Did you construct your own lightsaber? If so, "Your skills are complete. Obiwan has taught you well." LOL

"difficult to survive by becoming professional photographer, it is more profitable to buy secondhand car and do pizza delivery than buy DSRL and shoot weddings." (kenzo D, Dpreview)

-Sig edited b/c someone requested it to done, the fun of was wearing out anyway!!!

Old 05-20-2008   #5
Llama

If he did cast it from Dave Prowse's it is priceless as there are none, but it is most likely a 20th century fox promotion helmet it was cast off, that was touring the cinemas in the 70's, which is still a great helmet, and no LOL i didnt construct my own lightsabre hehe
Old 05-20-2008   #6
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannockwolf View Post
If he did cast it from Dave Prowse's it is priceless as there are none, but it is most likely a 20th century fox promotion helmet it was cast off, that was touring the cinemas in the 70's, which is still a great helmet, and no LOL i didnt construct my own lightsabre hehe
He told me that he knew someone that was in the "biz" was able to cast off the Original and that he even got to meet Mr. Prowse. He has that thing standing in his living room...Who made your lightsabre? Or is that a Master Replica?

Old 05-20-2008   #7
F1 Camel

Here's a picture of his vader:

Old 05-21-2008   #8
Llama

as long as that someone was George Lucas!! there are no original film helmets in circulation, dave prowse didnt get to keep any of the suits, and the stunt suits were destroyed when the film finished. Go on the rpf forum, and search on there vader helmets

I am lucky in being in the uk and get to meet all the SW characters on the circuit. I have met Dave Prowse, Jeremy Bulloch (top top bloke), Anthony Daniels (complete ass), Kenny Baker, Peter Mayhew, Richard LaParmentier, Lightning Bear, Jerome Blake, Warwick Davies loads of times doing conventions and stuff, and loads of other people from yesteryear.

believe it or not my suit was actually made for DP but he never got it and i had it off vadermaker instead
Old 05-21-2008   #9
Llama

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00silvergt View Post
Here's a picture of his vader:

Look great, very nice. esb or rotj?
Old 05-21-2008   #10
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannockwolf View Post
Look great, very nice. esb or rotj?
ESB. I, personally have a friend at Lucasfilms, and was at the facilities on a tour that he setup. It definitely is a great place. However, I think you may be inaccurate about the destruction of the helmet. They have 1:1 statue in the "lobby" of the facilities in San Francisco and my friend at LucasFilms told me that the helmet was the original ROTJ. Problem was when they were moving it from Skywalker ranch the ex-cons (lol, movers) dropped it and cracked it. May have a pic of that particular statue.

Inside the facilities, we had to pose in front of the pictures, we can't take pictures without one of us being in the frame.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Fun Stuff > Before and Afters »

Share this topic: