B4 & Aftah
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Fun Stuff > Before and Afters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2007   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 422
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default B4 & Aftah

Can you fix this in photoshop..sure.. this is a "piece of cake" (pun intended)

I gave this "job" over to an Eskimo woman Elizabeth Oviok.. she has never ever worked on a computer for graphics ever, never.

I only said these words to her as I poined to the tools in photoshop (or any other editing program) Zoom in as far as you can go using the magnifying glass.. using the eye dropper tool. take a "sample' of the bad area. using your paint brush paint in the bad area. now use your smudge tool.. if you have to.. zoom out to check your work

She spent 5 hours the first night, and 3 hours the next day..

now honestl tell me what you think of this?

I think she did a good job for a woman who is a complete rookie @ 50 years young.

When the customer finally saw the finished pirnt she was dancing all over the house.. it looks brand new.. oh thank you Elizabeth she said.. she cold not believe her girl-friend did this.!! so wadda Uwe thimk ?

Old 06-06-2007   #2
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 271
Default Re: B4 & Aftah

I think it's a great job but you should teach Elizabeth about a few of the other tools in PS.

tomrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 422
Default Re: B4 & Aftah

Well thanks for the advice.. as soon as I learn more about photoshop then i will be able to teach her some more..

I used old paint brush retouching tecnnology to teach her how it was done LONG BEFORE PHOTOSHOP WAS EVER INVENTED.

as far as me and my images.. we are definetly gong back to FILM..

digital cannot function where i live.. they are useless! a "toy" that can't compare

to the Old technology , which is here to stay.. a digital camera won't last 12 minutes on a tripod where I live.. never mind 12 weeks! that is impossible for ANY DIGITAL camera... 60 below zero is something you don't ever want to experience.

Cameras totally encased in ice.. and they worked FLAWLESSLY. ice all over everything.. move the focus rng, or aperture ring, or shutter controls. .and the ice wold crack all over the camera.

changing film was an excercise in PURE TORTURE..NO PLACE to go.. 12 weeks outside. sleeping outside.. no tents.. !
100,000's of $$ were made from these images..! I suffereed greatly.. but I just cannot ever use digital out on the ocean ice @ 50 below zero !

BTW: pentax k1000 worked perfect the entire time.................over 2 months

Mamiya RB 67 worked perfect the entrie time...............ditto

Mammiya C220 worked perfect the entire time................ditto

Cannon AE1: worked perfect the entire time.....................over 2 monhts

Nikon F3: ended up.. in the ocean.. it constantly failed it would not work at all.!

it constantly jammed, locked up, just would not work

out on the ice... all advertising is 'meaningless"! all manufactures hype ?

ACtion : that's all that counts!

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Fun Stuff > Before and Afters »

Share this topic: