Show us your skin smoothing - Page 9
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Fun Stuff > Before and Afters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2012   #81
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 42
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Show us your skin smoothing

Took a picture of my friend yesterday during lunch. She jokily said "make me look good". So here is my try.
before
IMG_2398b.jpg
After
IMG_2398-a.jpg
RexChun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012   #82
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: No

I simple do not know why we would want to rid portrait subjects of their freckles.
gbraden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013   #83
Vicuna

Reverse High Pass. Love it!!

Before.jpg

after.jpg
Old 06-01-2013   #84
Vicuna

ok, I clearly go way way way too far!
0463_283229-2.jpg

0463_283229-1.jpg
Old 06-13-2013   #85
Llama

CamelKarma: 2446347
Editing OK?: Ask first

Oh I love before/after's and I'm posting mostly so I can follow this thread. I am a beginner, I am not doing this right now for anything more than a hobby, I would like to completely learn everything I can before I start charging people and acting like I know what I'm doing, haha... I use PENTAX (if anyone else does, let me know!) and bought my first DSLR in March 2012. I hate auto mode. I've been into photography my whole life but it took me until now to finally spend the money on a real camera. ANYWAY... here is a before and after that I just recently did for a friend. I've been into different aspects of graphics since I was a teenager, but editing photos of PEOPLE is a real challenge unlike any other!! I will go through this thread when I get home tonight and see if I can pick up some new things to try

The facial adjustments were all done in Photoshop. I realize there does still seem to be a little too much pink below the eyes? I wanted it to still look natural, just better than the before photo. I duplicated the layer, and used Topaz plugins (two seperate ones) to smooth out the skin to an almost unreal effect, plus used some hand edits to try to smooth out the color. I then used a mask at about 35% to reveal just enough of it to keep it looking natural. My main goal was to get rid of the tired eyes. I brightened the eyes a bit too. Thanks for any critiques!! I'm open to learning anything new!
laughlady99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013   #86
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 221720

Excellent job Michele. The after is much better than the before without it looking like anything was really done to it.

Western burbs of Chicago
hillsidekim is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Fun Stuff > Before and Afters »

Share this topic: