Creative Fun - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Fun Stuff > Before and Afters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013   #11
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 10304381
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Creative Fun

Nice work and excellent masking.....

What process did you use for the mask please and/or was it one of the making applications that are available?

It is excellent work.

Best wishes

Ray
RayGuselli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013   #12
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 341039
Editing OK?: Ask First

Hi Ray

All what I done was took a layer painted it a color and gave it a texture, changed the opacity so that the photo shows through without loosing the overlay
Tannith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013   #13
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 10304381
Editing OK?: No

Nice one.....saves messing with a complex mask....like it

Best wishes

Ray
RayGuselli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013   #14
Vicuna

Thanks Ray I just look for the quickest and easiest way to do my editing
Old 03-18-2013   #15
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 2006074

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannith View Post
Thank you Ed, it just seems difficult to get response from people on photo camel
It does seem that way but there is just such a wealth of images and information on the site that I can spend hours just exploring, jumping from thread to thread, and forgetting where I started. I am very appreciative when someone takes the time to comment on my posts and look forward to reading each one. Apparently, other members feel the same way. I will try to make more comments on the threads I visit.

I really like your edit here! You have what I lack...an artistic imagination. I would love to be able to take a shot and envision such a detailed edit.
Nonnie05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #16
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 2121022
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannith View Post
This is what I done for a friend just for the fun of it and to show some people that it is posible to do it without a bluescreen
I like the original picture. I almost like the original better than the modification because in image #2 the background distracts somewhat from the image.
Old 03-18-2013   #17
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10

Looks like that worked out well. But I'm still unclear on your method for separating out the blowing hair details from the background. I understand layers and opacity, but didn't you still have to mask things out? Otherwise I don't understand how you got the subject separated from the trees and grass etc. in the background of the original photo? Thanks - Dave
WoodnMetalGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013   #18
Vicuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodnMetalGuy View Post
Looks like that worked out well. But I'm still unclear on your method for separating out the blowing hair details from the background. I understand layers and opacity, but didn't you still have to mask things out? Otherwise I don't understand how you got the subject separated from the trees and grass etc. in the background of the original photo? Thanks - Dave

Hi Dave

Yes I had to mask out some things, but it helps if you use refine edge and know how it works.

It just takes alot of time and effort to do it and get it right, I was only happy after about the 3rd attempt.
Old 03-23-2013   #19
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 12371645
Editing OK?: Yes

Very cool!

Critique and comments always welcome.
Rain Lily is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Fun Stuff > Before and Afters »

Share this topic: