PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum

PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum (https://photocamel.com/forum/)
-   Before and Afters (https://photocamel.com/forum/before-afters/)
-   -   Grandma - retouch Before After (https://photocamel.com/forum/before-afters/148470-grandma-retouch-before-after.html)

zemlin 11-25-2011 07:45 PM

Grandma - retouch Before After

1 Attachment(s)
I like the stories told by a well aged face. Every wrinkle is earned through the years, so this is not my style of retouching.

I just wanted to see what I could do. I started off in Portrait Professional 10 and finished up with some Photoshop work.

This photo was taken just before my Grandmother's 100th birthday.

Morgan Starr 11-25-2011 10:19 PM

Re: Grandma - retouch Before After

Well done. Bet your grandmother wish's it was that easy to look young again. I can see where you got your looks from, too. :afro:

Daimos 11-29-2011 12:23 PM

Nice retouch on your grandma!

wolfd 11-29-2011 01:14 PM

That is an excellent job you did on this image, Karl. Thanks for sharing.

klam 12-01-2011 04:52 PM

For this type of personality retouch. The goal is refine without changing the defining traits of said person. Sometimes with men we like our battle scars so instead of reducing it we would exaggerate it, make the scars more prominent.

Like you said "Every wrinkle is earned through the years, so this is not my style of retouching." For me it's over smoothed. And yeah it's not the retouching i've seen from you in the past but we must try new things. Keep at it.

What I would do is keep the wrinkles but have them appear less deep. Remove blemishes like zits, redness, etc. since it's not a defining trait of the person.

Nancy Inman 12-01-2011 05:58 PM

While I have no doubt you have done a beautiful job. My personal style is more like that of Klam but thats just me.

Mlemke 12-01-2011 06:10 PM

I would have to agree with Klamath as well but if Grandma is happy, everyone is happy. I usually tell my clients I'll make them look 10 years younger but not 20.

Normie1 12-01-2011 06:29 PM

That is well done, looks very natural,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,great job.

flutterbydragonfly 12-01-2011 06:46 PM

She looks AMAZING for 100 years old. What a beautiful lady. For my liking she is too smooth but I think you did a great job, especially under the eyes with the glasses on.

When was this image taken?

TonyK 12-27-2012 04:11 PM

Most women like to be flattered and the after image is very flattering. Men are different and one has to gain a feel for clients's wishes and desires to know which way to go with post processing.

I have no problem with the image and think it shows her in a very good light.

Thank you for sharing,