Amara
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Fun Stuff > Before and Afters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2006   #1
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 397000
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Amara

just thought I would post the proof finished with those added pop features for printing...
the prints look really good... hope the whole shoot proofs goes this well... but this really is not the job I am on at the present so need to stop going ahead of myself... LOL

justagal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006   #2
Guanaco

Default Re: Amara

finished for print
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZAmaraResizeTouchedUpcp.jpg (123.8 KB, 229 views)
Old 09-02-2006   #3
Guanaco

not sure why the whites seem a bit too white on here... they don't look that way in print... had it happen like that a couple times before but not for a while... hummmm... well just trust me that don't look over white in print...
Old 09-03-2006   #4
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 4939

I like what you did with the foliage, but I'm not so sure about the tree - it looks a little unnatural for it to be OOF. The eyes might be over the top for web, but I bet they look awesome in print. That is the burden of creating pictures that have two predentation modes: print and on screen. As far as the web portion, experiment with different resampling methods. I usually use Bicubic Sharper with very little or no high pass sharpening after the resize, but sometimes plain old bicubic with a little heavier high pass filter works well. A little trick I use is resize the image. In the History panel, click the flyou tmenu and create a snapshot. Then click the step before the resize to rewind, and try another resize method. Create another snapshot. Now you can quickly toggle between the two methods and decide what is better.
Old 09-03-2006   #5
Guanaco

thank you jfrancho... I can see what you mean about the tree... but in print it really doesn't look so oof as it does here... I will have to try your methods when I get some time...
again thank you I do appreciate your viewing & your comments & suggestions...*
Old 09-04-2006   #6
Llama

CamelKarma: 62
Editing OK?: Ask First

Jill,

You were almost there on the edits, I hope you don't mind but I took your image just added a little curve and levels adjustment, also brought the whites down in the eyes.

Try this when you print, I think you will find more pop.

Again, hope you don't mind.

Bill
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ZAmaraResizeTouchedUpcp1.jpg (117.7 KB, 217 views)
bgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006   #7
Guanaco

hey again Bill...* ok that does really pop on here... infact, maybe just my monitor but it is way red & her lips are, well, way saturated... I will try a 4x6 print like this to see if it holds true on print as compared to my screen...
when doing my softening treatment on this image Bill I did not bring back her lips to full saturation because this little one has the deepest pink red lips & I always have to play them down in her images... on my screen right now looking at the image you did I would fear that one would think I was trying to make her look like a well child star in not a nice way... gads... sorry didn't know any other way to put that...

anyways I will go try now a print...

thank you Bill for your comments & take on this... I do truly appreciate it, even if I don't agree...

justagal - Jill
Old 09-04-2006   #8
Llama

CamelKarma: 62
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by justagal
hey again Bill...* ok that does really pop on here... infact, maybe just my monitor but it is way red & her lips are, well, way saturated... I will try a 4x6 print like this to see if it holds true on print as compared to my screen...
when doing my softening treatment on this image Bill I did not bring back her lips to full saturation because this little one has the deepest pink red lips & I always have to play them down in her images... on my screen right now looking at the image you did I would fear that one would think I was trying to make her look like a well child star in not a nice way... gads... sorry didn't know any other way to put that...

anyways I will go try now a print...

thank you Bill for your comments & take on this... I do truly appreciate it, even if I don't agree...

justagal - Jill
Jill,

Hopefully your monitor is calibrated, cause the effect of what I did should have only change contrast and brightness.

Trust me I would bring the lips down also, all I was going for was the pop in the image. The hair I would leave alone, the eyes I would bring down a touch, the lips I would desat a little. Again, only thing done was Curve and Levels.

So we agree ....

Take care

Bill
bgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006   #9
Guanaco

well the print was not good... well too the eyes around here anyways... comparing the two everyone here like the image leaning more to the green side... & yes the lips were almost cartoon like in the print... so we do agree on those needing to be lower in saturation...
all & all though either one you can tell the camera sure loves this little girl...
again thank you for you input Bill, I do appreciate it...

justagal - Jill

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > Fun Stuff > Before and Afters »

Share this topic: