Horizontes-World's Largest Mural
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Architecture & Cityscapes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2019   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 9058810
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Horizontes-World's Largest Mural

A group stressing diversity and pride named Horizontes took on an unimaginable task of painting a dilapidated grain elevator on the boundaries between two predominantly different racial areas. This was done by a single artist and took quite a long time, More information is here: https://www.facebook.com/horizontes....c_location=ufi
It has become quite an attraction and can be seen on the major bypass through our town. It still needs lots of work since it is in an area which is bounded on both sides by railroad tracks and lots of dirt piles are there but slowly the city seems to be cleaning up around it. One can not understand the scope of it until you look at the last picture in this series and you can see my wife standing next to the platform as a speck with blonde hair. I am showing the way she had to go to get to it and the completed mural from afar. My old knees told me not to follow my wife.

File Type: jpg DSC_6435-1.jpg (204.0 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_6441-1.jpg (136.0 KB, 35 views)
jhawk1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019   #2
F1 Camel

Default Re: Horizontes-World's Largest Mural

The mural depicts old pictures from those in the neighborhood.
Old 02-03-2019   #3
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207

Looks like she has some company. Because of the small size of the human figures and the similarity in their clothes with the locally dark background, it is hard to identify these as human figures. However, the railroad tanker cars give some idea of the scale.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019   #4
F1 Camel

Another photographer friend and his family were there also. It is very difficult to get to but visible for miles.
Old 02-03-2019   #5
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994

That is quite a mural and very well done too....

Olympus Passion Magazine
Idiot Savant AND trouble-maker...

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Architecture & Cityscapes »

Share this topic: