Nightscape using the Olympus OMD-EM10 and the composite time setting.
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Architecture & Cityscapes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2018   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 9058810
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Nightscape using the Olympus OMD-EM10 and the composite time setting.

I recently bought a gently used Olympus OM-D EM-10 camera. I have a Panasonic G5 so I had the 14-42mm, 40-150mm, 25mm 1.7 and 60mm 2.8. I bought the little camera to use as a carry around system for our trip to Ireland next week. Wife will take a Nikon D800 and D750 with a complement of lenses and with a recently broken wrist, I can not carry the larger cameras a long time. We went to our iconic "Keeper of the Plains" in Wichita which is a 44-foot statue of the Keeper done by Native American Artist Blackbear Bosin and donated to the city. It sits at a confluence of two rivers and has footbridges out to the little island. It has harsh lighting with spotlights on the bridges and softer lighting on the statue itself. My wife wanted to try the Olympus Composite Time setting where it is placed in the desired mode, the shutter is tripped for the first base exposure and then the camera continues adding incremental exposures to the dark parts until the user decides it is enough from watching the screen and then the shutter is hit again stopping the process. I learned of this from a fellow Camel member, Robert Watcher, and I told my wife and she had to try it immediately. In any event, the picture is presented now. Olympus OM-D EM-10 with Panasonic 25mm 1.7 ISO 400, at f7.1.

jhawk1000 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Architecture & Cityscapes »

Share this topic: