Heads Up
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > All Other Styles & Types

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2008   #1
Photocamel Muse

CamelKarma: 61445
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Exclamation Heads Up

We have a lot of posts in this forum that should be in other themed forums. In the interest of organization and to give these posts a chance to be seen by people interested in each specific type of photography I am going to be sorting through and moving threads in the next days.

Normally if I move a thread I notify the OP personally about it, but since there will be quite a few, I hope this message will be ok this time.

Lastly, I'd like to ask for your help. If you see a thread or have one here that you feel would fit nicely into one of our special forus, please let me know in this thread or in a pm.

Thanks for your help and understanding.

~A

Facebook Page like?

Google+ add?
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 19107
Editing OK?: No
Default Re: Heads Up

Athena, that is a great idea. didn't know where to put my augustradio post to get the most mileage so if you know of a better place for it we'd be greatly appreciative. thanks.

Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom. Aristotle
ΓΝΩΘΙ ΣΑΥΤΟΝ
Bunny N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 5250

Hello Athena

Since you appear to be an "official" on this forum section, I have a query. My photos appear under the "name" rossken. When I click on other peoples photos, I see an image, their message and the replies. When I click on my submissions (pencils and open gate) all I see is the photo and my comments. I don't see any other comments, even though the side bar info says there are replies.

Any assistance much appreciated.

Cheers
Ross Kennedy
rossken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #4
Photocamel Muse

CamelKarma: 61445

Ross - I looked at them myself and there are definitely replies. I am not sure why you can not see them, but I've brought it up in the moderator forum. Hopefully we can get it sorted out for you quickly.

In the meantime try refreshing the page or try clicking the little square with an arrow in it to the left of your post in the list. It could be that your computer is holding the older page (without replies) in memory?

Facebook Page like?

Google+ add?
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008   #5
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994

Wonder if you have a different Thread View set? At the top of the thread, along the top bar, right side, there is a Display Mode drop down. Is it set to Linear (the default, I believe) or something other?

You might have it in "Threaded", which may not show the others comments, They would be in a "tree-like" view at the top of the post, and you would have to click each one of those branches to see the comments. The Hybrid or threaded work okay on long threads were people reply to particular comments but with Quick Reply it always goes back to the top posts or something like that and the "thread" gets all messed up. Thus the Linear works well enough for our happy little home here....

To change permanently, do it in the Control panel (Quick Links (top right, under POTW) - Control Panel - Edit Options - Down in the Thread Display Options section (2/3 of the way down))

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009   #6
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 711585
Editing OK?: No

You might try another Browser. I find that some browsers do not like certain places. give it a try.
Caryl

www.pbase.com/carylwithay
carylwithay is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > All Other Styles & Types »

Share this topic: