Hobbies, Stick your Pic Here... - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
 


Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > All Other Styles & Types

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012   #21
ADB
Alpaca
 
Posts: 35
CamelKarma: 163
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Hobbies, Stick your Pic Here...

These cut outs are really good.
Well done.
Al.
ADB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012   #22
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master
 
zemlin's Avatar
 
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Posts: 6,826
CamelKarma: 7045525
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Hobbies, Stick your Pic Here...

I've had a little recording business going since about 2000. Here's a shot I took at a concert last year - recorded the show live and she had it mixed for a CD.
Bobbie Lancaster | Bobbie Lancaster Live | CD Baby Music Store - about half the tracks on the CD are from the show I recorded.
The cover art of this album was derived from the last photo.

Decided to drop the audio and move ahead with photography ... so been selling off most of my audio gear. Just finished up my last live CD project a few weeks back.

I'll still drive mixers for a few shows around town when artists who know me are passing through.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_6692_s.jpg (75.7 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg BobbieLancasterHDR.jpg (167.3 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_6682_s.jpg (65.9 KB, 94 views)
zemlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012   #23
Llama
 
Pcr1968's Avatar
 
Location: Hunter Valley NSW Australia
Posts: 841
CamelKarma: 1550429
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Hobbies, Stick your Pic Here...

Another wood cutting from me a Tiger.

__________________
Cheers Pete...
Crown of thorns on His head, Cross of wood on His back..... You on His mind...... t t t

Forgiveness
Pcr1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #24
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
F1 Camel
 
ceropegia's Avatar
 
Location: Alabama
Posts: 3,710
CamelKarma: 24890877
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Hobbies, Stick your Pic Here...

I love popup books, have been doing origami for about 55 years, and like to make my own greeting cards.
Here's one I made for my father for Father's Day, many years ago, several days before he died. The popup pattern is from a book by Paul Jackson to which I added origami flowers in the pots and the origami frame with a photo of my dad with my sister and me when we were little.

Father's-Day pop-up origami card by ceropegia, on Flickr

The popups in the following were my own creations:
One I made for my father on his 90th birthday (couldn't manage 90 balloons which we actually gave him at his party, so nine had to suffice).

90th-birthday pop-up origami card by ceropegia, on Flickr

One I made for my mother one Mother's Day

Trellis with flowers - origami pop-up card by ceropegia, on Flickr

And a wedding card I made for my son who had was married on a beach in Jamaica.

Jamaica wedding - Origami pop-up card by ceropegia, on Flickr
__________________
Martha
In the Appalachian foothills of Northeast Alabama
Ceropegia on Ipernity

Ceropegia on Flicker
ceropegia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #25
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
F1 Camel
 
ceropegia's Avatar
 
Location: Alabama
Posts: 3,710
CamelKarma: 24890877
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Hobbies, Stick your Pic Here...

I also like to wood carve, a hobby I took up after I retired 12 years ago. Some spoons I have carved.

Wooden Spoons Carved by Me by ceropegia, on Flickr
__________________
Martha
In the Appalachian foothills of Northeast Alabama
Ceropegia on Ipernity

Ceropegia on Flicker
ceropegia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013   #26
Llama
 
Pcr1968's Avatar
 
Location: Hunter Valley NSW Australia
Posts: 841
CamelKarma: 1550429
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Hobbies, Stick your Pic Here...

Those pop up and spoons are amazing, Just plain Amazing.
__________________
Cheers Pete...
Crown of thorns on His head, Cross of wood on His back..... You on His mind...... t t t

Forgiveness
Pcr1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013   #27
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
F1 Camel
 
ceropegia's Avatar
 
Location: Alabama
Posts: 3,710
CamelKarma: 24890877
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Hobbies, Stick your Pic Here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pcr1968 View Post
Those pop up and spoons are amazing, Just plain Amazing.
Thanks. I enjoyed looking at your great cutouts and the intarsia plaque you did for your daughter's room.
__________________
Martha
In the Appalachian foothills of Northeast Alabama
Ceropegia on Ipernity

Ceropegia on Flicker
ceropegia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #28
Alpaca
 
Posts: 28
CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Hobbies, Stick your Pic Here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceropegia View Post
I love popup books, have been doing origami for about 55 years, and like to make my own greeting cards.
Here's one I made for my father for Father's Day, many years ago, several days before he died. The popup pattern is from a book by Paul Jackson to which I added origami flowers in the pots and the origami frame with a photo of my dad with my sister and me when we were little.

Father's-Day pop-up origami card by ceropegia, on Flickr

The popups in the following were my own creations:
One I made for my father on his 90th birthday (couldn't manage 90 balloons which we actually gave him at his party, so nine had to suffice).

90th-birthday pop-up origami card by ceropegia, on Flickr

One I made for my mother one Mother's Day

Trellis with flowers - origami pop-up card by ceropegia, on Flickr

And a wedding card I made for my son who had was married on a beach in Jamaica.

Jamaica wedding - Origami pop-up card by ceropegia, on Flickr
I adored pop-up books when I was a kid. I'd forgotten about them until I saw your cards. Love them!
KatC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013   #29
Alpaca
 
Posts: 28
CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Hobbies, Stick your Pic Here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceropegia View Post
I also like to wood carve, a hobby I took up after I retired 12 years ago. Some spoons I have carved.

Wooden Spoons Carved by Me by ceropegia, on Flickr
Very nice carvings!


__________________
Members don't see ads in threads. Register for your free account today and become a member of PhotoCamel to open up the site's many benefits and features.
KatC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > All Other Styles & Types »


Share this topic:

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
one of my other money pit hobbies. sndsgood Transportation 2 12-03-2011 10:56 AM
The expense of photography vs. two other hobbies. 12step Photography Talk 23 01-29-2011 12:15 PM
Hobbies? Mad Dawg OT: Off-topic 7 08-26-2008 05:13 PM
Other hobbies? ellette OT: Off-topic 43 08-25-2005 02:28 AM