Creating a homemade built-in flash diffuser! - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > All Other Styles & Types

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2010   #11
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1099193
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Creating a homemade built-in flash diffuser!

Quote:
But I'm pretty sure I've seen way way worse.
I once cut a slit into a ping-pong ball and taped it to the top of a pop-up flash. Worked okay, but the ball was a cheap one that yellowed with age, and it was brittle and damaged easily.

Also, I've used paper and plastic cups over those Canon video lights you can attach to their camcorders to diffuse those things in a pinch.

Quote:
I was surprised to find that they have boxes smaller than busines card size with detachable lids that latch on all four sides. Some of these are opaque and I bet one of them and an X-acto knife would make a durable diffuser.
Sounds very promising.
Old 11-13-2010   #12
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 690429
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitolawrence View Post
...Max@Home said i should use the full potential of built-in flash. And to make a home-made diffuser. He showed me his diffuser and i was totally aw'ed. But mine was made out of index cards and graphing paper where his is made out of plastic carton, I think. Check it out....
...mine is made from an old film canister, that used to hold cartridges of 35mm film

It fits every pop-up flash I have (or had): Pro1, 20D, 40D, 350D, 400D

here is how I made it:

...hope this helps some more...

Kindest regards!

Max@Home

Canon PowerShot G1X MkII, Canon PowerShot G3X, some accessories (hoods, flashes, filters, tripod) and some knowledge to use them
Max@Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010   #13
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 42
Editing OK?: Ask first

@chitobeach Yeah sure go ahead. This was my first version. I'll try and make better versions because the bad thing about this diffuser that it keeps falling off if i take objects that are smaller than me which i tend to do, a lot.

-EF 50mm 1:1.8 II
-EF 100mm f/2.8 MACRO USM
-Adobe Lightroom/Photoshop. Baby born abilities.
-[ ]YN 565EX or Canon 580 EX II
-[ ]70-200mm f/2.8L II USM
-[ ]70-200mm f/4L USM
-[ ]24-70mm f/2.8L USM
-[ ]15mm f/2.8 Fisheye
-C&C = Harsh as possible & instructions
sitolawrence is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > All Other Styles & Types »

Share this topic: