Cracked
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Abstract & Artistic Expression

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 2 Weeks Ago   #1
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 12513
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Smile Cracked

Cracked is from my Naturally Abstract collection and was composed at Hopeland Gardens in Aiken, SC. I liked the desiccated, abstract feel as well as the nearly grayscale color palette. This is the first in a sub-collection I refer to as stump art as I discovered it on the surface of a stump.

Old 2 Weeks Ago   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469544
Default Re: Cracked

Had you not told me, I would still have guessed what it was, hence your image did not stump me.
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #3
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 12513

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoundrel1728 View Post
Had you not told me, I would still have guessed what it was, hence your image did not stump me.

Thank you for looking and commenting.
stevendillonphoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #4
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 1004893
Editing OK?: Ask first

I liked the photo but was wondering how it would look if you reversed it by 180 so that the crack goes up from left to right.

Olympus OMD EM-1, EPL1, standard kit lens, 17mm 1.8, 60mm macro, 75-300mm II, 45mm 1.8, Rokinon 7.5mm Fish Eye, lens cap lens, ec-14, Fl-36 flash, adapter, misc accessories.
mike C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Days Ago   #5
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469544

Would that be a vertical or horizontal flip (mirror reflection)? Even though either will make the main crack run from the lower left to the upper right, the horizontal flip leaves the narrrow end of the main crack at the bottom of the image, while the vertical flip puts the wide end at the bottom left.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Abstract & Artistic Expression »

Share this topic:

Tags
abstract, flora, macro, nature, stump