Meditation
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Abstract & Artistic Expression

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2015   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 7477
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Meditation

That was two snowfalls ago. Early morning sunrise. -23C.

Old 02-09-2015   #2
Alpaca

Default Re: Meditation

One bump before it is allowed to sink quietly below the surface...
pgriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015   #3
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 450862
Editing OK?: No

Meditation is both a fitting and an unfitting title for me. The photo certainly looks quite calming, especially with the very soft textures and lines in the upper right. Blue is also a cold, calm color.

What takes away from the meditative effect are the sticks. I suspect you meant them to be persons walking the wasteland, or that is what I could interpret them as. However, they really stick out too much for me, lessen the calm that is in the image.
All the best, Silv. Contributor to our fine-art photography blog, mixed with some documentation shots. @Kamerahelden on Twitter. Always happy about insightful critique of my photos here on the camel and elsewhere.

Berliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015   #4
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Administrator

CamelKarma: 6968994
Editing OK?: Ask First

Note sure about this one. I really liked the simpleness of the image. I'm not sure about all 3 of the sticks, but I like that they are there to give the image something. To me, it is one of those images on a museum wall and you just sit and wonder.

PhotoCamel Helpful Info....
Posting Images Tutorial ... Posting and Critiquing? ... What's Camel Karma?
Mr. Pickles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015   #5
Alpaca

It's interesting to see what one perceives in an image. In fact, for me the sticks were the focus point of the meditation - close but apart; stiff and yet in balance with the soft mound. I deliberately framed it this way to put the four elements on opposite sides of the image. Does it work? maybe not the way I had hoped. But that is also why I post some of my images - to see the image through another set of eyes and perceptions. There is no right or wrong here - just a possibility to see more that I saw at the beginning. Thank you for your comment.
pgriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015   #6
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 683702

I'd say it works. But also say there seems to
be potential there that remains untapped.
OTOH at -23C I'm not so sure how much of
that extra potential I myself woulda tapped.

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Abstract & Artistic Expression »

Share this topic: