A New & improved 52 for 2018. - Page 6
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
 

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 52 Projects - Photo a Week

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2018   #51
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
mistermonday's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,124
CamelKarma: 169270948
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: A New & improved 52 for 2018.

A really cool set of images for week 13, Wolf.
Beautiful scenery in the first 5 images!! Lovely green water in images 1 & 2, for fishing and boating. The grass, roads, mountains, and trees all add unique views to the scenes.
I love the critters in the last 4 images. Very creative, for sure. Images 6b and 6c are my favorite. Excellent designs and visual captures!
Cheers, Murray
mistermonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018   #52
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
mistermonday's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,124
CamelKarma: 169270948
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: A New & improved 52 for 2018.

A very interesting set of images for week 14, Wolf.
I think "Duffey Lake" is just a set of scrambled letters for a CSIS term called "a flukey Fed". If you look at the image 8, I put a link here: https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/f5...px5myxt46g.jpg
I put a marque around the hidden figure.
The mountains and greenery in all the images are pretty.
I am particularly attracted by image 7 and 10.
Ph12 was a very nice one to close off the set BUT take a look inside ph12 and you will notice that the missing CSIS guy left his secret pouch right on the rock in the centre of the image. Wow, it's just like the spy movies show us.
Cheers, Murray
mistermonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018   #53
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 56,440
CamelKarma: 199622943
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: A New & improved 52 for 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
A really cool set of images for week 13, Wolf.
Beautiful scenery in the first 5 images!! Lovely green water in images 1 & 2, for fishing and boating. The grass, roads, mountains, and trees all add unique views to the scenes.
I love the critters in the last 4 images. Very creative, for sure. Images 6b and 6c are my favorite. Excellent designs and visual captures!
Cheers, Murray

Thanks very much for your kind words Murray.

We always enjoy visiting the Whistler area and visiting with our daughter and family who live there. It is such a photogenic locale.

Those critter sculptures at the golf course really caught my eye. Very creative for sure.
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018   #54
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 56,440
CamelKarma: 199622943
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: A New & improved 52 for 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
A very interesting set of images for week 14, Wolf.
I think "Duffey Lake" is just a set of scrambled letters for a CSIS term called "a flukey Fed". If you look at the image 8, I put a link here: https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/f5...px5myxt46g.jpg
I put a marque around the hidden figure.
The mountains and greenery in all the images are pretty.
I am particularly attracted by image 7 and 10.
Ph12 was a very nice one to close off the set BUT take a look inside ph12 and you will notice that the missing CSIS guy left his secret pouch right on the rock in the centre of the image. Wow, it's just like the spy movies show us.
Cheers, Murray

Thank you for your words of encouragement Murray.

You may well be right about the scrambled CSIS code. I was wondering if there were sea serpents in that lake when I saw that.
It has been a few years since we drove that road but it is still as scenic as ever.

It is fully paved now but back in the 1980's it was just a gravel road. The volume of traffic has of course increased significantly.
Yep I see the missing CSIS guy's mark in ph12 as well. I checked my lens and it is clean so its obviously part of a CSIS plot.
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018   #55
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 56,440
CamelKarma: 199622943
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: A New & improved 52 for 2018.

Week 19
Week of July 2/18.


This week's shot is of a turtle I spotted at Lost Lagoon in Vancouver's Stanley Park.

I am a bit concerned about this guy as he appears to have a cracked / peeling shell.


__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018   #56
F1 Camel
 
WesternGuy's Avatar
 
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,852
CamelKarma: 6817414
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: A New & improved 52 for 2018.

Interesting capture Wolf. I wonder what could have caused the damage to its shell. Let's hope it is not ultimately fatal.


WG
__________________
“The real question is not what you look at but what you see.” Henry David Thoreau

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/westernguy/
WesternGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018   #57
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 56,440
CamelKarma: 199622943
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: A New & improved 52 for 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternGuy View Post
Interesting capture Wolf. I wonder what could have caused the damage to its shell. Let's hope it is not ultimately fatal.


WG

Thanks for your kind words WG.

Yes I hope the poor guy recovers from that.
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018   #58
Llama
 
Gregw's Avatar
 
Location: Santa Monica California
Posts: 950
CamelKarma: 791507
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: A New & improved 52 for 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfd View Post

I am a bit concerned about this guy as he appears to have a cracked / peeling shell.
Apparently this is normal.The hard shell can't grow with the turtle, so it is replaced with a new larger one from underneath. Kinda like a crab. Or maybe she just needs to moisturize more often.
Gregw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018   #59
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 56,440
CamelKarma: 199622943
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: A New & improved 52 for 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregw View Post
Apparently this is normal.The hard shell can't grow with the turtle, so it is replaced with a new larger one from underneath. Kinda like a crab. Or maybe she just needs to moisturize more often.

That is good information Greg.

Thanks for clarifying the situation as I was quite concerned for that poor fellow.
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018   #60
F1 Camel
 
WesternGuy's Avatar
 
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,852
CamelKarma: 6817414
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: A New & improved 52 for 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregw View Post
Apparently this is normal.The hard shell can't grow with the turtle, so it is replaced with a new larger one from underneath. Kinda like a crab. Or maybe she just needs to moisturize more often.
Greg, thanks for the information.


WesternGuy


__________________
Members don't see ads in threads. Register for your free account today and become a member of PhotoCamel to open up the site's many benefits and features.
__________________
“The real question is not what you look at but what you see.” Henry David Thoreau

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/westernguy/
WesternGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 52 Projects - Photo a Week »


Share this topic:

Thread Tools
Display Modes