A New & improved 52 for 2018. - Page 10
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
 

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 52 Projects - Photo a Week

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2018   #91
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
mistermonday's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,124
CamelKarma: 169270948
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: A New & improved 52 for 2018.

Another great set of images for week 24, Wolf.
Ph1 is an excellent image of Mt. Cheam with maturing corn in front of it. That is unique and different scene than I have viewed of Mt. Cheam previously. All the colors are so rich and healthy looking.
I love that last photo of the hotel and vintage car. Your composition angle is perfect, the colors are great, and the vividness of the photo is very uplifting.Your long life of taking those kind of pictures has definitely given you some perfect capturing of the scene. It sounds like some day you would do great as a teacher to other people trying to photograph,
Cheers, Murray
mistermonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018   #92
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
mistermonday's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,124
CamelKarma: 169270948
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: A New & improved 52 for 2018.

Wow, what a period of time for week 25!!
Back East we have been seeing more and more images on the news of all the smoke and fire issues you have been having. We are all wondering how Vancouver has been escaping all the really bad air and now it appears that it has caught up to you.
Ph1 is quite eerie when you show a "moonlight" image of the sun in daylight!!!
Ditto for ph2.
It is nice to see people being able to survive the scene . People sure have magnetic ability to outside air, even in the middle of fire season.
Ph4 does indeed have more life and light so it almost looks like a free-breathing break.
Ph5 seems to be making life still livable but definitely not the best view.
I hope you and your family can survive and manage well, Wolf. I hope the nasty air gets cleaned up quickly and that fire does not get anywhere near where you folks live!!
Cheers, Murray
mistermonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018   #93
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 56,464
CamelKarma: 199623261
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: A New & improved 52 for 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
Wow, that is a beautiful scene for week 22 at Enderby. Nice clear sky and water. I can almost smell the fresh air!!
Cheers, Murray

Thank you Murray.
My brother lives a few miles up the road from there.
I told him he is fortunate to be living in such a beautiful locale.
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018   #94
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 56,464
CamelKarma: 199623261
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: A New & improved 52 for 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
Another great set of images at Jericho Beach for week 23.
That is indeed a lovely sunset image in ph1. The sky is beautiful and wide and warm. Everyone looks like they are having a great time.
Wow, ph2 is a wonderful image, definitely perfect for a competitive submission. Simple background and foreground with a excellent scene of a man and woman figure as prime characters.The image alignment is set up so it looks like the man is on some form platform about to rescue a woman who does not appear to be on one.
You should definitely hand on to this image.
Ph3 is another beauty showing lots of light and "life".
Cheers, Murray

Thank you so much for your kindly comments Murray.
I have been heading over to Jericho beach quite a lot lately as it appears to be a great spot to catch sunsets and folks enjoying the nice summer weather we have been having. It also affords a great view of the downtown Vancouver skyline.
Did I mention that the Fish & chips at the Galley Patio & Grill at Jericho is delicious?
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018   #95
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 56,464
CamelKarma: 199623261
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: A New & improved 52 for 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
Another great set of images for week 24, Wolf.
Ph1 is an excellent image of Mt. Cheam with maturing corn in front of it. That is unique and different scene than I have viewed of Mt. Cheam previously. All the colors are so rich and healthy looking.
I love that last photo of the hotel and vintage car. Your composition angle is perfect, the colors are great, and the vividness of the photo is very uplifting.Your long life of taking those kind of pictures has definitely given you some perfect capturing of the scene. It sounds like some day you would do great as a teacher to other people trying to photograph,
Cheers, Murray

Thank you so much for your kind words Murray.
I use HDR processing on many of my shots these days as I find it really improves the colour saturation.
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018   #96
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 56,464
CamelKarma: 199623261
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: A New & improved 52 for 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
Wow, what a period of time for week 25!!
Back East we have been seeing more and more images on the news of all the smoke and fire issues you have been having. We are all wondering how Vancouver has been escaping all the really bad air and now it appears that it has caught up to you.
Ph1 is quite eerie when you show a "moonlight" image of the sun in daylight!!!
Ditto for ph2.
It is nice to see people being able to survive the scene . People sure have magnetic ability to outside air, even in the middle of fire season.
Ph4 does indeed have more life and light so it almost looks like a free-breathing break.
Ph5 seems to be making life still livable but definitely not the best view.
I hope you and your family can survive and manage well, Wolf. I hope the nasty air gets cleaned up quickly and that fire does not get anywhere near where you folks live!!
Cheers, Murray

Thanks very much for your kind words Murray. Appreciated as always.
Smoke from the over 500 wildfires reached epidemic proportions the week of August 20. There was smoke in almost every community. Luckily we had a goodly amount of rainfall in greater Vancouver this weekend - it is still raining today (Aug.24). Hopefully this will help with fighting the fires and reduce the smoke.
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018   #97
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 56,464
CamelKarma: 199623261
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: A New & improved 52 for 2018.

Week 26
Week of August 20/18.


We had an unexpected guest at our place in Harrison this week.


1



2



3
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018   #98
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
mistermonday's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,124
CamelKarma: 169270948
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: A New & improved 52 for 2018.

A nice set of photos of a cute raccoon for week 26, Wolf.
This one looks healthy and cute, like it is being well taken care of. Hopefully it is being very nice back to you and the crew.
Cheers, Murray
mistermonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018   #99
F1 Camel
 
WesternGuy's Avatar
 
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Posts: 2,854
CamelKarma: 6817414
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: A New & improved 52 for 2018.

Nice shots of your visitor, Wolf,


WesternGuy
__________________
“The real question is not what you look at but what you see.” Henry David Thoreau

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/westernguy/
WesternGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018   #100
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 56,464
CamelKarma: 199623261
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: A New & improved 52 for 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
A nice set of photos of a cute raccoon for week 26, Wolf.
This one looks healthy and cute, like it is being well taken care of. Hopefully it is being very nice back to you and the crew.
Cheers, Murray
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternGuy View Post
Nice shots of your visitor, Wolf,


WesternGuy



Thank you Murray and WG.
He wasn't one bit afraid of myself Pam, our son & his two young boys looking & pointing at him as he strolled around our back yard. Luckily we were at a safe distance on our rear deck as these guys can be quite vicious when they get cornered.


__________________
Members don't see ads in threads. Register for your free account today and become a member of PhotoCamel to open up the site's many benefits and features.
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 52 Projects - Photo a Week »


Share this topic:

Thread Tools
Display Modes