My 52 for 2017 - Page 24
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 52 Projects - Photo a Week

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2018   #231
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 169270948
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My 52 for 2017

Another nice set of "on the water" scenes for week 50, Wolf.
In ph1, the Pacific Banker appears to be a calm floating device BUT its name is actually scrambled letter code for Backfire Panic - and that's what it is waiting to do when the market goes zappp, again.
In ph2, it looks like the entire Enterprise vessel is being supported by a few balloons. Seems typical to the market back East here.
In ph3, the Snow Drift also seems like its out of work BUT its letters are just scrambled letters for Find Worts so we know its looking under the mushrooms as well.
The boat in ph4 is all wrapped up as it works on a new name. I suspect it is a CSIS craft.
Looking at ph5 & 6, I would say there were an awful lot of boats near that fishing company plant.
Cheers, Murray
mistermonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018   #232
Camel Breath

Another HOT bird photo for week 51, Wolf.
Why HOT? If you look immediately beneath the bird, it appears to have emitted a substance that burned a whole right into the wood.
Cheers, Murray
Old 02-24-2018   #233
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 199623261

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
Another nice set of "on the water" scenes for week 50, Wolf.
In ph1, the Pacific Banker appears to be a calm floating device BUT its name is actually scrambled letter code for Backfire Panic - and that's what it is waiting to do when the market goes zappp, again.
In ph2, it looks like the entire Enterprise vessel is being supported by a few balloons. Seems typical to the market back East here.
In ph3, the Snow Drift also seems like its out of work BUT its letters are just scrambled letters for Find Worts so we know its looking under the mushrooms as well.
The boat in ph4 is all wrapped up as it works on a new name. I suspect it is a CSIS craft.
Looking at ph5 & 6, I would say there were an awful lot of boats near that fishing company plant.
Cheers, Murray
Many thanks for your words of encouragement Murray. Appreciated.
Good job on descrambling the Pacific Banker name - I was wondering, given the very rusty condition of that boat how much longer it would stay afloat.
Yes one has to wonder is that 'Enterprise is supported ny hot air ?
Yep the descrambled name for the Snow Drift appears appropriate. Even the swan in the photo is trying to distance itself from that boat.
The boat is ph4 sure does look like it is working for CSIS - but it's keeping things under wraps.
I noticed on my walkabout I noticed that a good number of those boats also have the owner / operators living on board. Some call it waterfront living.
Old 02-24-2018   #234
Camel Breath

Quote:
Another HOT bird photo for week 51, Wolf.
Why HOT? If you look immediately beneath the bird, it appears to have emitted a substance that burned a whole right into the wood.
Cheers, Murray
Nice spot on the hot spot Murray.
Our local sea gulls emit very powerful corrosive phytochemicals that can erode almost anything.
Old 02-27-2018   #235
Camel Breath

Week 52
Week of February 19/18.

For the final week of my current 'Photo a Week' assignment and in recognition of our current winter season, I am posting a winter shot I took at our local Queen Elizabeth Park.

Also popped in to one of our local malls to warm up and spotted my dream car - Aston Martin.
The price is a very affordable (CAD) $340,000.

Old 02-27-2018   #236
Camel Breath

An great set of images to close off another 52 week year, Wolf.
The scene of Queen E Park is bright, peaceful, and relaxing. That's quite appropriate, given that the shock of an expensive car is going to be worked up to.
The car in ph2 is definitely attractive and impressive. It, and ph3 look like a nice Toyota Camry with a bit of a tapering of the body.
Ph4 is ...hahahahahahahahaha. Almost $40,000 for some interesting charges for paint touch-ups, Green Levy, transport, etc. FYI, "Aston Martin" are just scrambled letters for "Torn Stamina" and "Nations Tram" At $340,000 I hope it would come with a 007 Bond Movie. Maybe you can win that car for free, Wolf!!
Cheers, Murray
Old 02-28-2018   #237
Camel Breath

Quote:
An great set of images to close off another 52 week year, Wolf.
The scene of Queen E Park is bright, peaceful, and relaxing. That's quite appropriate, given that the shock of an expensive car is going to be worked up to.
The car in ph2 is definitely attractive and impressive. It, and ph3 look like a nice Toyota Camry with a bit of a tapering of the body.
Ph4 is ...hahahahahahahahaha. Almost $40,000 for some interesting charges for paint touch-ups, Green Levy, transport, etc. FYI, "Aston Martin" are just scrambled letters for "Torn Stamina" and "Nations Tram" At $340,000 I hope it would come with a 007 Bond Movie. Maybe you can win that car for free, Wolf!!
Cheers, Murray
Thank you so much for your kindly comments and encouragement Murray. Appreciated.
We are fortunate to live only a short distance from Queen Elizabeth Park - it affords a lot of great photo opportunities.
Great work on deciphering the secret codes for that Aston Martin. I think the "Torn Stamina' really appeals to me.
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that $340,000 price tag - talk about sticker shock.
I'm sure I would be able to persuade the dealer to throw in a James Bond DVD for someone planning to buy it.

This marks the end of my current 'Photo a week' project and wish to thank everyone for their kindly comments over the years.
I will be starting a fresh 52 within the next few days.

Here is a link to my new & improved 52 project for 2018.

http://photocamel.com/forum/52-proje...52-2018-a.html

- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 52 Projects - Photo a Week »

Share this topic: