Rampant Panda's 52'er
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 52 Projects - Photo a Week

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2017   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Rampant Panda's 52'er

Hello,
I started a 52-project in the beginning of November 2016. I know, the turn of the year would have been more logical, but I'm doing this with two friends, and none of us are from Vulcan, so there you go. We actually finished a 365 the previous year, and that was really rewarding.
We have a weekly-changing theme, the week's theme to be chosen by one of us on the previous Sunday.

Week 44/2016:

The week's theme was "Cold", but we had no snow or much ice and I felt like using the freezer would have been cheating, so I took a selfie from my bicycle commute.

Old 01-24-2017   #2
Alpaca

Default Re: Rampant Panda's 52'er

Week 45/2016 was about "Encounter", but there were very few Finns around, so they really didn't encounter much. Luckily I ran into these dogs encountering each other.
Rampant Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017   #3
Alpaca

Week 46/2016 was themed "Valley". We don't have any valleys worth mentioning, so I took the liberty of changing this to be about a motivational valley experienced by the young man in the picture:

Not really happy with the picture, the colors are a bit awful and so on, but not much I could do.
Old 01-24-2017   #4
Alpaca

Week 47/2017 was "Broken".
I found this lying in a river on my commute:

This is the first picture I'm happy with. Not really my style, but I like looking at it.
Old 01-24-2017   #5
Alpaca

WEek 48/2016 was "4D". I took the fourth dimension to mean time, and experimented with some timelapses and long exposures. In the end, this is what I went with:

This is more a technical experiment than a photograph I'd enjoy. While this technique could be useful, I guess, this one seems like a trick without any substance. Well, there it is.
Old 01-24-2017   #6
Alpaca

Week 49/2016 was "White on white". No snow anywhere, of course. I tried photographing some sugar, salt etc but couldn't get anywhere. I took some of my GF's artwork that was lying around and played with the lights.

This, again, isn't really my cup of cocaine, but I guess it's ok. Nothing very interesting going on.
Old 01-24-2017   #7
Alpaca

Week 50/2016 was "Contrast".
A local department store has a traditional christmas window that people take their children to look. There was an older guy in a wheelchair waiting for a ride at the same time.

I think I like this one. A bit obvious, but I think there is a story there.
Old 01-24-2017   #8
Alpaca

Week 51/2016 was "Rhythm".
I had this idea about people walking in between light poles, but couldn't find a perpendicular angle I wanted. This is the best I came up with, but the perspective bothers me a bit. The fog does add something to it, but not rhythm.
Old 01-24-2017   #9
Alpaca

52/2016 was "Golden ratio". Didn't really have any idea what to do with that, but I saw this guy and his significant other (?) among some vertical stuff.

The guy isn'r recognizable in the pic due to some motion blur (he was going to lie down for a bit) so I guess it's ok to publish even though he isn't at his prime.
Old 01-24-2017   #10
Alpaca

Ouch, my method of sharing the pics isn't apparently working. I'll try to find a workaround and get back to this. Sorry.

http://www.rampantpanda.com/

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 52 Projects - Photo a Week »

Share this topic: