2017 - A new 52 - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 52 Projects - Photo a Week

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2017   #21
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 6817414
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: 2017 - A new 52

Week 11 - one of the few departures from my "52 weeks" of IR imagery.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not sure what happened to the original Week 11 posting, but let's try this again. Mods, if you can could you please remove my original posting where the image is missing. Thanks.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one was shot with my Canon 5D Mark IV and a 24-105 Mark II lens. Processing was in Lightroom.

This image was shot as the sun set, thus the darker shadows in the lee of the dunes. It is also one of the few I have with clouds in it. The dunes are not perfectly smooth because people have walked all over them (there were hundreds of folks out this day). I was told that the dunes are really only smooth well away from the access road, or after a stiff wind has been blowing for a while.

As usual, questions and comments are welcome.

WesternGuy

My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/westernguy/
WesternGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017   #22
F1 Camel

Week 12 - White Sands, New Mexico.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not sure what happened to the original Week 12 posting, but let's try this again. Mods, if you can, could you please remove my original posting where the image is missing. Thanks.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a shot looking east across the dune field. It is a false colour infrared image shot with my 590nm converted 5D Mark III and a 24-105 Mark II lens. Processing was in Lightroom and Photoshop.

WesternGuy

Old 04-04-2017   #23
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 199623261
Editing OK?: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternGuy View Post
Week 10 - Another Tree...

__________________________________________________ _______________
Well, time to start catching up. I lost a week or so as my Lightroom catalog went missing and I spent a lot of time trying to find it. It seems that it was among a series of files that were inadvertently erased from one of my drives. I found its most recent backup with the help of a software program by the name of Recova and was able to restore the catalog and with some additional updates, get things rolling again. In between, I had a trip to the White Sands of New Mexico where I spent a couple of days photographing the dunes and other parts of this interesting landscape.
__________________________________________________ _______________________

This is a black and white conversion of a 590nm false colour infrared image. It was shot northwest of Alamogordo, New Mexico.

Processing was done in Lightroom and Photoshop with the black and white conversion being done in Nik's Silver Efex Pro 2.

Questions and comments welcome.

WesternGuy
A nice shot and interesting processing WG.
Old 04-04-2017   #24
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternGuy View Post
Week 11 - one of the few departures from my "52 weeks" of IR imagery.

Not sure what happened to the original Week 11 posting, but let's try this again. Mods, if you can could you please remove my original posting where the image is missing. Thanks.

This one was shot with my Canon 5D Mark IV and a 24-105 Mark II lens. Processing was in Lightroom.

This image was shot as the sun set, thus the darker shadows in the lee of the dunes. It is also one of the few I have with clouds in it. The dunes are not perfectly smooth because people have walked all over them (there were hundreds of folks out this day). I was told that the dunes are really only smooth well away from the access road, or after a stiff wind has been blowing for a while.

WesternGuy
Love the texture in this one WG.
Old 04-06-2017   #25
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfd View Post
A nice shot and interesting processing WG.
Thanks Wolf.

WesternGuy

Old 04-06-2017   #26
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfd View Post
Love the texture in this one WG.
Thanks Wolf.

WG

Old 04-06-2017   #27
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1145880
Editing OK?: Ask First

Nicely done on post #26.
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017   #28
F1 Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowman View Post
Nicely done on post #26.
Thanks.

Old 04-07-2017   #29
F1 Camel

Week 13 - The week that wasn't - sort of...

I missed week 13 because I was tied up with medical things, vehicular things and the weather was totally uncooperative and I am still playing catch-up. In its place, this is a non-infrared image of the first crocus of the season. I watch the hillsides along the river valley this time of year because as the days get longer and warmer, the crocuses start to show up.

This was shot with my 5D IV and a 24-105mm II lens. Processing was in Lightroom.

WesternGuy

Old 04-07-2017   #30
Camel Breath

A nice crocus capture WG.
Good sharpness & texture.

- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 52 Projects - Photo a Week »

Share this topic:

Tags
clouds, ir, landscape