My new and improved 52. - Page 12
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
 

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 52 Projects - Photo a Week

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2016   #111
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 56,481
CamelKarma: 199623261
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My new and improved 52.

WEEK 18

We visited our daughter Alison & family in Whistler.

1
Pam with our daughter Alison after breakfast on their deck.


2
After that it was my turn.


3
Our grandson Matthew on his Playstation.


4
Our grandson Dylan when we picked him up after his squash practice


5
Matthew and over 300 other locals engage in a strenuous Mountain Bike race each week during the spring, summer and fall. There are snacks and refreshment afterwards. This week the after-party was held at the Whistler Golf Club.



5a


5b


5c
Our son in law David & I enjoyed a few beer. Matthew had pop.


5d
Entertainment was also provided.


5e
Matthew with his mom and grandma


5f
Another family shot.


6
Pam with our grand daughter Megan


7
Megan showing off.


8
Dylan watching TV


9
A unique fence at the local thrift shop.


The ski season is over in Whistler as can be noted from the quite bare ski runs.
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016   #112
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
mistermonday's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,124
CamelKarma: 169270948
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My new and improved 52.

Another very nice set of photos for week 16, Wolf.
That's a handsome ship in ph1, but aren't the terms celebrity and infinity somewhat oxymoronic?
That Rotterdam is a really neat looking cruise ship as well.
I love that photo of the Cuban Cigar store. Can I assume that they call Jack "Gassy Jack" because of his ARS? I imagine that Jack's ARS became so noisy that they hung him using one of the nooses in the 2nd floor room of bldg located at 110. That would explain why the windows are covered in paper. The owner of unit 110 likely said he'd only be caught when pigs could fly.
Ph5 is a neat busker photo. I get all clogged up with emotion as I stare at him.
That's a very nice photo of Pam, Patricia, & Emily. Emily sure is looking mature.
That plate of spaghetti sure looks yummy.
That couple in ph8 are not VIP. Apparently, it takes 2 photogs in Vancouver to shoot a that situation. The first photog captures her stationary, the 2nd one (on the right) hand s her the parachute (on the ground by his right) and the he fires his camera after she jumps.
Cheers, Murray
mistermonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016   #113
Camel Breath
 
PeteD's Avatar
 
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 12,084
CamelKarma: 60523190
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My new and improved 52.

Great shots WOlf. Looks like the family is doing very well. That one guy looks like he is about to swallow that microphone,,,,,,
__________________
The site, for now P-and-A-Photos

52 weeks completed "completed"
pete's-try-at-a-365 "Completed"
P & A Photos Flickr
P & A Photos Photobucket
I live in the Land of the Free because of the Brave!
PeteD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016   #114
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
mistermonday's Avatar
 
Posts: 15,124
CamelKarma: 169270948
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My new and improved 52.

Another great set of photos for week 17, Wolf.
That heron in ph1 looks a bit chilled.
I love that pile of cars in ph2 but the exact model and brand names have me stumped.
That tug in ph3 looks really well bumpered.
Set 4 is an excellent group of photos of you, Pam, Liam and the grandkids. Little Crosby seems bright and alert. And Gavin is smiling as usual.
The pigeon looks unusually colorful and those pretty flowers are a nice way to end the set.
Cheers, Murray
mistermonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016   #115
Llama
 
digital2006's Avatar
 
Location: Long Island New York
Posts: 546
CamelKarma: 109391
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My new and improved 52.

If this is the start of it...i'm looking for more.
digital2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016   #116
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 56,481
CamelKarma: 199623261
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My new and improved 52.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
Another very nice set of photos for week 16, Wolf.
That's a handsome ship in ph1, but aren't the terms celebrity and infinity somewhat oxymoronic?
That Rotterdam is a really neat looking cruise ship as well.
I love that photo of the Cuban Cigar store. Can I assume that they call Jack "Gassy Jack" because of his ARS? I imagine that Jack's ARS became so noisy that they hung him using one of the nooses in the 2nd floor room of bldg located at 110. That would explain why the windows are covered in paper. The owner of unit 110 likely said he'd only be caught when pigs could fly.
Ph5 is a neat busker photo. I get all clogged up with emotion as I stare at him.
That's a very nice photo of Pam, Patricia, & Emily. Emily sure is looking mature.
That plate of spaghetti sure looks yummy.
That couple in ph8 are not VIP. Apparently, it takes 2 photogs in Vancouver to shoot a that situation. The first photog captures her stationary, the 2nd one (on the right) hand s her the parachute (on the ground by his right) and the he fires his camera after she jumps.
Cheers, Murray
Thanks for your very observant comments Murray. Appreciated as always.
The cruise ship season here in Vancouver is now in full swing so I will have to make an effort to get down there more often to view some of the beautiful ships scheduled to land here this year. I was able to locate a schedule of which ships are in port and when here:

https://www.portvancouver.com/cruise/cruise-schedule/

I always have to chuckle when I see that 'Cuban Ars' sign.
You have a good eye spotting those nooses in the window of the second floor.
We always have a great meal when we go to the Spaghetti Factory.
Hahaha - good analysis of why two photographers are required on a west coast project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteD View Post
Great shots WOlf. Looks like the family is doing very well. That one guy looks like he is about to swallow that microphone,,,,,,
Thanks for popping by and commenting Pete. I was wondering about that guy with the microphone too.
He sure manages to open his mouth wide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by digital2006 View Post
If this is the start of it...i'm looking for more.
Thanks very much for your kind words. Appreciated.
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016   #117
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 56,481
CamelKarma: 199623261
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My new and improved 52.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
Another great set of photos for week 17, Wolf.
That heron in ph1 looks a bit chilled.
I love that pile of cars in ph2 but the exact model and brand names have me stumped.
That tug in ph3 looks really well bumpered.
Set 4 is an excellent group of photos of you, Pam, Liam and the grandkids. Little Crosby seems bright and alert. And Gavin is smiling as usual.
The pigeon looks unusually colorful and those pretty flowers are a nice way to end the set.
Cheers, Murray
Thanks very much for your kind words Murray. Appreciated.
I think that Heron was trying to ignore me so I would go away.
Lol you being stummped by the makes / models of those cars.
Yep that tug in ph#3 was quite rubberized.
Hard to believe that Crosby will be turning 4 months old this week.
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016   #118
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 56,481
CamelKarma: 199623261
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My new and improved 52.

WEEK 19

We had a craving for fish & chips so we were compelled to head to our favorite fish & chip place in Steveston.

1


2


2a


3
A few other shots from our Steveston outing.


4


5


6


7


8


9


10


11


12
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016   #119
Photocamel Master
 
mitch9492's Avatar
 
Location: Dublins Fair City.
Posts: 5,712
CamelKarma: 40459606
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My new and improved 52.

Great set of Family shots Wolf.Love the Ski fence.
__________________
Mitch Mc Mahon


My Eyes see.....My Camera takes.
mitch9492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016   #120
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath
 
wolfd's Avatar
 
Location: Beautiful B.C.
Posts: 56,481
CamelKarma: 199623261
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: My new and improved 52.

Thanks very much for popping by and commenting Mitch. Appreciated.


__________________
Members don't see ads in threads. Register for your free account today and become a member of PhotoCamel to open up the site's many benefits and features.
__________________
The best camera is the one you have with you.
- Chase Jarvis
wolfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 52 Projects - Photo a Week »


Share this topic:

Thread Tools
Display Modes