First 365
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 365 Projects - Photo A Day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2015   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 1659777
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default First 365

Hey folks.

Last month, out of the blue, I decided I should do something with my photography I haven't done before, so I decided I should do a 365. I didn't want to post immediately since I feared I would "flake out" or something.

Well today I'm one month in and it's a habit now really, so...here we are.

The backstory to all of these photos is simple, it's just my daily life which sadly consists of commute to work, back home and occasional leisure time. Working on changing that as soon as possible. All photos shot with my trusty Lumix GH2 and 20mm on it, maybe one or two are shot with 14-140. And the reason I don't switch to other lenses is simple, 20 is the fastest native lens I have for my camera, so I got the autofocus and fast glass, which is good to have when I'm walking from my parking lot to my apartment, since I don't want to miss a potential 365 entry =)

So, in chronological order from Feb 17th.

At the bar...the guy in the back is some drunk acquaintance and my friend is doing the "oh great" pose when he heard him coming over haha.

Driving to work.

Bar night again, these two got engaged couple of hours earlier.

Local bus station, kinda grim/depressing place to me.

Limo riding selfie taking.

Driving on a rainy day.

On my way home, spotted this guy in the bus station, turned around, drove past slowly and here he is with a greet.

Reserved parking.

Sad to say that this is completely regular scene in my city. Wasn't like this when I lived here during my high school years 12 years ago.

Nighthawks?

Digiscoping the moon with 1250mm Maksutov.

Saw this runner while driving down the street.

Bad weather kept me from going out, so I snapped the insides of my washing machine with Rokinon 7.5

Little bit of brutalist architecture.

Hastily done multiple light streak exposures.

-Tom- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015   #2
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 1659777
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: First 365

At the red light, saw the sales guy pitching in the nearby car salon.

Windy day.

Extremely windy day.

Church nearby, I'll do a photo essay on it, great piece of architecture.

Red bar.

A portable, domesticated panther jumped on my window.

On the street.

Crosswalk.

Another cool church nearby.

Thru the tunnel on my way to work.

Night at the opera.

Playing to win.

Shopping nun.

Like the legend of the Phoenix.

That's the first 30, days are longer now so hopefully more well-lit subjects in the future.
Old 03-19-2015   #3
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 23726024
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: First 365

Congratulations on your first 30....some really interesting cool shots! Looking forward to the next 335

Don't walk behind me....I may not lead
Just walk by my side....and be my friend.

Entered the DSLR world in 2009
Nikon D7000, Nikon D5000 - Nikkor 18-55 f3.5 - 5.6 G VR , Tamron 90mm, Nikkor AF-SDX 18-300mm, Nikkor 105mm, Sigma 150-500mm
Photoshop CS5
I enjoy taking local classes/photo shoots...always willing to listen and learn.
Taigen is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 365 Projects - Photo A Day »

Share this topic:

Tags