Another leaf... - Page 13
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 365 Projects - Photo A Day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013   #121
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 34637132
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Another leaf...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lattimer-Hedley View Post
Tony you sure seem to get all the birds mate (feathered variety) i am beginning to think you have a vast selection of stuffed birds that you place strategically on your tree.
Thanks Mark

You've sussed my guilty secret

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfd View Post
A beautiful, varied selection of shots today, Tony. While its sad that you couldn't get a Kingfisher shot, the Grebe and Egret shots more than make up for it. Nice teasel closeup. Nice historic sign featuring Queen Boadicea vs the Romans. The shots of the ancient church are awesome particularly since the objects are so old and well maintained. There is a lot of history there for sure.
Thank you Wolf, there certainly is I'd like to know more of the history, but information is hard to come by. I've asked a few of the villagers, but it seems I know more about their history than they do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgepat View Post
The birds(all of them in this set and the following one) are good. I believe that you have trained them to pose for you.
Ah, the Teasel...I never get tired of seeing or shooting them! Wonderful subjects.
Nice interior shots too.
Thank you George, I bought half a dozen small Teasel plants, and have been bringing them on on a window sill. As the weather has improved I've now put them out to harden off, and hopefully my lad will help me plant them about the garden this weekend, when he's finished cutting the grass for me
toonamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013   #122
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 24890877
Editing OK?: Ask First

Great shots of the collared dove, the tit and the other birds, but the egret and especially the grebe in the next set are by far my favorites. The teasel shot is very nice. Love the Queen Boadicea sign. Her story has always fascinated me. Really like the church shots, too. That tile floor is quite intricate. Must have been quite time consuming making and installing it. Glad it has been preserved.

Ceropegia on Flicker
ceropegia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013   #123
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 169270948

Very nice set of day 14 photos, Tony.
You've put some nice life into that dormant teasel.
That lake looks very peaceful with beautiful surroundings.
Excellent capture of the grebe. Its a very sharp image. You have even frozen those water droplets on it back.
I really like that Icklingham sign.
That church sure has some amazing old architecture. Imagine try to do all that handwork today especially the tile work. It's nice to have these heritage buildings preserved.
Cheers, Murray
mistermonday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013   #124
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceropegia View Post
Great shots of the collared dove, the tit and the other birds, but the egret and especially the grebe in the next set are by far my favorites. The teasel shot is very nice. Love the Queen Boadicea sign. Her story has always fascinated me. Really like the church shots, too. That tile floor is quite intricate. Must have been quite time consuming making and installing it. Glad it has been preserved.
Thank you Martha, it's a part of history that's always fascinated me too, I have a high regard for her. They shouldn't have messed with her, that's for sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermonday View Post
Very nice set of day 14 photos, Tony.
You've put some nice life into that dormant teasel.
That lake looks very peaceful with beautiful surroundings.
Excellent capture of the grebe. Its a very sharp image. You have even frozen those water droplets on it back.
I really like that Icklingham sign.
That church sure has some amazing old architecture. Imagine try to do all that handwork today especially the tile work. It's nice to have these heritage buildings preserved.
Cheers, Murray
Thanks Murray, it is a peaceful place to spend some time. When I had an obsession about getting shots of the Kingfisher, I spent all day, and every day there
Old 04-17-2013   #125
Camel Breath

17-4-2013

Day 15

I wandered into Ely today as I had to go to the clinic for my meds.

On the way in, the Cathedral in the mist.

Inside.

On the way home I called into the railway station, an overcast travelling day for the commuters.

Old 04-17-2013   #126
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 821075

hi
I've just gone through your latest 365,(your 3rd!?), the pictures are wonderful. Especially the birds. great work!!
denhutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013   #127
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 199623261

Another eclectic set, Tony. Nice shot of the cathedral in the mist. (At least its not raining).

From those lovely interior shots, I am amazed at how large the cathedral is. I always love the train shots, especially the last one.
Old 04-17-2013   #128
Camel Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhutch View Post
hi
I've just gone through your latest 365,(your 3rd!?), the pictures are wonderful. Especially the birds. great work!!
Many thanks, Den, for your kindly comments and the encouragement

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfd View Post
Another eclectic set, Tony. Nice shot of the cathedral in the mist. (At least its not raining).

From those lovely interior shots, I am amazed at how large the cathedral is. I always love the train shots, especially the last one.
Thank you Wolf, it is huge in there, they were in the process of setting up part of a film set, which they'll be shooting next week.

The Cathedral will be closed for that day, which is a shame, I would have liked to watch that.
All I could gather was that it's a Science fiction feature film. All good revenue for the upkeep of the Cathedral
Old 04-17-2013   #129
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 199623261

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonamp View Post

Thank you Wolf, it is huge in there, they were in the process of setting up part of a film set, which they'll be shooting next week.

The Cathedral will be closed for that day, which is a shame, I would have liked to watch that.
All I could gather was that it's a Science fiction feature film. All good revenue for the upkeep of the Cathedral
They do a lot of movie shoots around here too, many of them in public places, however the security guards always try to move you off if you get too close.
Old 04-17-2013   #130
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 57846952
Editing OK?: Ask First

I really like them internal captures Tony nice work buddy.

Canon 80D - Canon 6D - Canon 500L - Canon 17-40L - Canon 24mm Pancake - Canon 40mm - Sigma 24-105 ART - Sigma 105 macro - Samyang 20mm - Canon 1.4 mkIII
Mark Lattimer-Hedley is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 365 Projects - Photo A Day »

Share this topic: