Framed 365 - A PhotoTherapy Techniques / Therapeutic Photography Project
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 365 Projects - Photo A Day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2012   #1
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: No
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Framed 365 - A PhotoTherapy Techniques / Therapeutic Photography Project

This is my project called Framed 365. It is a photo per day for 1 year style project but using PhotoTherapy Techniques as a form of self-exploration. Here is the link: (link removed)it is a Facebook business page therefore if you wish to follow it you will need to click on the "like" button at the top of the page.

I would really appreciate challenging comments / feedback on the images and analysis that I post daily. However, this is not intended to be a project about stunning / perfect photography, instead it is about the analysis and my progress as the project develops.

Here is the blurb I wrote about it from the site:

My name is Amy, I am a trainee Art Psychotherapist in the U.K. I have studied a Masters in Photography and have received level one training from Judy Weiser in PhotoTherapy Techniques.

PhotoTherapy can be defined as the use of photographs to improve well-being in therapy processes and activities in order to improve personal insight and healing.

For the 365 day duration of my project which began on 1st January 2012 I will take and publish one photograph every day with a small paragraph of text detailing my thought process, feelings and/or findings relating to that image. The photograph will be taken in response to one of the five PhotoTherapy Techniques within Judy Weiser's model of PhotoTherapy practice. The use of the techniques will rotate daily.

This project is intended as a process of self-exploration for my own purposes. However, I hope that it may also provide creative inspiration to those who wish to follow my progress. I addition I aim to create an accessible working example of the use of PhotoTherapy Techniques as an insight into the potential benefits of trained therapists using these techniques with clients where appropriate.

I aim to utilise this project to explore the application of PhotoTherapy Techniques from a therapeutic standpoint (as a trainee therapist), however I will be using the techniques on myself, therefore in formal terms this is not PhotoTherapy it is defined as Therapeutic Photography.

I look forward to receiving your comments and feedback. Thank you for your time!

Amy

Last edited by BambersImages; 02-15-2012 at 09:06 AM.. Reason: Link removed.
Framed 365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #2
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 83089142
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Re: Framed 365 - A PhotoTherapy Techniques / Therapeutic Photography Project

Are you going to be posting anything here on the Camel?
Olympus C5050Z P/S
Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro
Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S ED VR II
Kenco 1.4 Teleplus Pro 300 DGX
Nikon 105mm Micro 1:4 AI
Nikon 60mm Micro F:2.8 D AF-S
Nikon AF 28-80mm 1:3 3.5-5.6 G
Nikon 55-200mm F:4-5.6 G VR DX AF-S ED

georgepats-daily-diary-digital-delight-2014-a.html

georgepats-daily-diary-digital-delight.html

spiders-spiders-more-spiders.html
Georgepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #3
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 58394711
Editing OK?: Ask First
Default Re: Framed 365 - A PhotoTherapy Techniques / Therapeutic Photography Project

Hello Amy. Welcome to the 365 forum.

I've removed your link as this forum is for people to post their daily pictures here.
We look forward to seeing some of your images.

BambersImages Flickr
Etsy Shop Print Sales

Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.
“Happiness is a habit – cultivate it.” ~ Elbert Hubbar
A Camera puts a frame around life. ~ Joel Meyerowitz
BambersImages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012   #4
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 10
Editing OK?: No

I was not intending to no Georgepat. Just to receive feedback on the project for those who wish to follow it on Facebook, and also to discuss the idea behind the project with those who are interested.

Perhaps that means that my post is in the wrong section? Could you advise?

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 365 Projects - Photo A Day »

Share this topic: