Slideshows, books, etc.
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 365 Projects - Photo A Day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012   #1
OSD
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 267032
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Slideshows, books, etc.

On the subject of what to do with all these photos...

Is anyone doing anything specific with their 365 photos other than sharing them here (and maybe on a blog or whathaveyou)?

I have done photo books of my two completed years. Someone else (George?) was printing off the photo for every day and I love that idea too - especially if they were numbered and put into a little box. I may do that someday just for fun.

The idea of photo slideshows was brought up by the local camera club. I have been playing around with it - trying to find a speed that isn't disorienting but keeps the slideshow to a minimum length - and I've found that it really needs at least a second per photo for me. That's a six minute slideshow - not sure anyone has that kind of attention span. Also I am not musically inclined and have frozen on the idea of finding suitable music for a 6 minutes slideshow.

Speaking of slideshows - have you seen this? Takes the idea or type of projects and kicks it up a notch. 365 video project

That's enough from me, I think...

(C&C is ALWAYS appreciated. Please!)
The website
OSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012   #2
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 60523190
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: Slideshows, books, etc.

Nothing yet. But, I have been printing mine out a month at a time as to not get too far behind. I am also doing mine as a calender which I will have printed for a real calender for next year. Some of the shots that I really like will be going into a portfolio. When I get enough saved up ( I always take many more then I put on the sites) I will be sending some into stock agencies so I can get my feelings hurt,,,,LOL.......Will probably do some in a slideshow and put on youtube or something like that and add music.........

52 weeks completed "completed"
pete's-try-at-a-365 "Completed"
P & A Photos Flickr
P & A Photos Photobucket
I live in the Land of the Free because of the Brave!
PeteD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012   #3
OSD
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 267032
Editing OK?: Yes

Right - it was you and not George I was thinking of!

I love that you are printing them off. My little books are better than nothing but real photos are the best.
OSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012   #4
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 60523190
Editing OK?: Ask first

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSD View Post
Right - it was you and not George I was thinking of!

I love that you are printing them off. My little books are better than nothing but real photos are the best.

I like the real ones as well. Digital is great as you can make adjustments and so on. But, they just seem soo inpersonal and well, like they are not there. With the photos, you can look back and enjoy them.

52 weeks completed "completed"
pete's-try-at-a-365 "Completed"
P & A Photos Flickr
P & A Photos Photobucket
I live in the Land of the Free because of the Brave!
PeteD is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 365 Projects - Photo A Day »

Share this topic: