365/52-ers, tell us about yourselves!
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 365 Projects - Photo A Day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2011   #1
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 6288727
Editing OK?: Yes
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Arrow 365/52-ers, tell us about yourselves!

Seems we have a lot of new members here lately, which is wonderful to see! So, I thought I'd start this thread so that we could learn about all our new (and "old") members! Tell us anything you feel comfortable with, what you do, where you live, what you like to shoot... anything at all! The 365-forum is a great place to be and a safe and un-critiqued (unless you ask for it) environment to share your daily lives! Welcome, to all, feel free to share anything you like!

Old 11-01-2011   #2
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 6288727
Default re: 365/52-ers, tell us about yourselves!

I'll start, since I created this thread!

Name's Miranda, I'm from Australia originally, but live in Wisconsin. I started my 365 on January 1st this year because my awesome spousal unit funded me my very own DSLR! (I will have to pay him back, eventually, maybe!) I shoot everything from macro to portraits, but love people (and my cats) the most. I ride motorcycles, drink red wine (and dark beer) and have a little friend named Bob (you can see his thread here in the 365), which probably makes me a little crazy and I'm a graphic designer during the day. There!
graphicography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 199110736

My name is Wolfgang. (everyone calls me Wolf). I'm from Germany but spent my working life in Western Canada. Started my 365 thread Feb.23/11.

I retired in May of this year and that has allowed me more time to do do the things I REALLY enjoy - Photography and Travel. I also have four grandchildren whom I like to photograph at every opportunity. I enjoy the 365 forum as it motivates me to go out and shoot something / anything every day.

I have too many cameras to mention going from German (film) rangefinder to Exakta, Nikon, Pentax, Canon, Fuji, Rollei film and other reflex film cameras. I have several Pentax DSLRs and many digital P&S cameras. I carry a camera in my pocket wherever I go as I do not want to miss any of those shots that sometimes jump out at me.
Old 11-02-2011   #4
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 58394711
Editing OK?: Ask First

My name is Clare. I live in the UK in a beautiful area of the West Country with my husband and daughter.

I was a founding member of the Camel 365 forum, starting my 365 at the end of January.
I'm behind on processing and posting my images.
Due to life getting in the way, including my father dying there are some gaps...but still continuing with my project.

I passionate about photography and love nature, landscapes and abstract.
Spend a lot of my free time taking and processing images.

BambersImages Flickr
Etsy Shop Print Sales

Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.
“Happiness is a habit – cultivate it.” ~ Elbert Hubbar
A Camera puts a frame around life. ~ Joel Meyerowitz
BambersImages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #5
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 34637132

Sorry to hear about your Father Clare.
toonamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #6
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 83089142

Hello, my name is George, but I'm on here as Georgepat. I also write, and my work is published as Georgepat.

I have been photographing since I was a child. My dad was military, and we lived all over the world. I had a Brownie Hawk eye and all the film I wanted.

Later mover to SLR's and the love affair began.

Bought my first digital camera in 97, a point and shoot made by Polaroid, but I knew that this was the coming thing, I've had Sony, Olympus, Canon, and finally fell in love with myt Nikon. I carry it everywhere.

I enjoy doing Macro, landscape and candids. I have developed a new regard for B&W and am working to improve my post processing skills. My passion is Photoshop though. Have been messing with it since version 4 back in the middle 90's.

Do graphic design, book covers, photo restoration and now some interesting things I've learned here at the Camel.
Olympus C5050Z P/S
Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG Macro
Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G AF-S ED VR II
Kenco 1.4 Teleplus Pro 300 DGX
Nikon 105mm Micro 1:4 AI
Nikon 60mm Micro F:2.8 D AF-S
Nikon AF 28-80mm 1:3 3.5-5.6 G
Nikon 55-200mm F:4-5.6 G VR DX AF-S ED

georgepats-daily-diary-digital-delight-2014-a.html

georgepats-daily-diary-digital-delight.html

spiders-spiders-more-spiders.html
Georgepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #7
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 199110736

Quote:
Originally Posted by BambersImages View Post
My name is Clare. I live in the UK in a beautiful area of the West Country with my husband and daughter.

I was a founding member of the Camel 365 forum, starting my 365 at the end of January.
I'm behind on processing and posting my images.
Due to life getting in the way, including my father dying there are some gaps...but still continuing with my project.

I passionate about photography and love nature, landscapes and abstract.
Spend a lot of my free time taking and processing images.
You are indeed a busy girl, Clare.
Very sorry about your father.
Old 11-02-2011   #8
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 2629

I Just started my 365 yesterday November 1st haha... im still in high school my junior year in texas. I plan to moving to california once i graduate from HS, to live, and to go to an Art school. I plan to have fun with my photo blog i hope to become a professional photographer some day any advice?
Old 11-02-2011   #9
Marvin (aka Heinz)

CamelKarma: 348868

My name is Heinz. Currently living in Whitehorse, Yukon Canada. I got back into photography after about a 20 yr hiatus. When I was in highschool I got a Canon film camera and loved taking pictures. During university and early work life, I was too busy to really pursue my passion, and about 6 yrs ago I got back into photos with a originally HP P&S, moving up to a Pana FZ-20. I was tired of the limited range of the P&S (no super-zooms like today) and Finally last year, wanting more range, control and freedom, I decided to take the plunge back and bought a Canon 500d, with the 18-55, 55-250 and 50 1.8 lens. Of course, that meant relearning everything about aperture, shutter speed, etc, but it has been a fun experience. I have a wide passion for anything and everything, I enjoy taking landscape, family and because of my addiction to birding, I got (and talked my wife into it) getting a 150-500 Sigma for my Birding shots. I LOVE eagles, they are my passion. Recently, due to the cold weather that is definitely coming, I got a used Sigma 105 EX DG macro to keep me busy on the -40C days when it is just too cold to go out and shoot (plus who wants to see white, white and nothing but white lol) I can tell you one thing, my wife will be getting a LOT more flowers...

I hope to be moving back to warmer climates in the future (Costa Rica) and by then I hope that my skills are finely honed and will take so much advantage of all the different subjects that come with living in the tropics.
In the meantime, I have a ton of pics that I will be slowly 'fixing' in PS and Lightroom to post. Keep a look out and as always please C&C. In my mind, all critiques are constructive.

Canon 7d, 100L macro, 50 1.8, CANON 15-85/3.5-5.6 IS EF-S USM, CANON 70-200/4 L USM, Sigma 150-500 DG OS HSM

http://500px.com/Hkphotography

http://www.facebook.com/heinz.tervoert
meinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #10
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 58394711

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfd View Post
You are indeed a busy girl, Clare.
Very sorry about your father.
Thank you, Wolf.

BambersImages Flickr
Etsy Shop Print Sales

Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.
“Happiness is a habit – cultivate it.” ~ Elbert Hubbar
A Camera puts a frame around life. ~ Joel Meyerowitz
BambersImages is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 365 Projects - Photo A Day »

Share this topic: