365/52-ers, tell us about yourselves! - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 365 Projects - Photo A Day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011   #11
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 16030895
Editing OK?: Ask first
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default re: 365/52-ers, tell us about yourselves!

Mary here. I'm a homeschool mom, office cleaner, animal rescuer and photographer. My kids are my whole world. Anna is almost 19 and a science major in college. Brady is 12. He's sweet, funny, smart and autistic. As a single mom who homeschools, I don't have much time (or money), but there's always laughter in our home, so it's all good. I've been a photographer for several years, but have only recently been branching out and devoting more time to it. I'm looking forward to the challenge of taking a photo everyday as well as checking out all my fellow 365er's blogs.
crybabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #12
Marvin (aka Heinz)

CamelKarma: 348868
Editing OK?: Ask First

Quote:
Originally Posted by BambersImages View Post
My name is Clare. I live in the UK in a beautiful area of the West Country with my husband and daughter.

I was a founding member of the Camel 365 forum, starting my 365 at the end of January.
I'm behind on processing and posting my images.
Due to life getting in the way, including my father dying there are some gaps...but still continuing with my project.

I passionate about photography and love nature, landscapes and abstract.
Spend a lot of my free time taking and processing images.
Bambers, sorry to hear about your father, I know how that feels. Even at my age, it hurts me to have lost my father (lost my father to cancer when I was 14).

On another note, glad to have you in the 365 and see the beauty of the pictures that you take.

Canon 7d, 100L macro, 50 1.8, CANON 15-85/3.5-5.6 IS EF-S USM, CANON 70-200/4 L USM, Sigma 150-500 DG OS HSM

http://500px.com/Hkphotography

http://www.facebook.com/heinz.tervoert
meinster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #13
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 58394711

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinster View Post
Bambers, sorry to hear about your father, I know how that feels. Even at my age, it hurts me to have lost my father (lost my father to cancer when I was 14).

On another note, glad to have you in the 365 and see the beauty of the pictures that you take.
Thank you, Heinz.

BambersImages Flickr
Etsy Shop Print Sales

Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.
“Happiness is a habit – cultivate it.” ~ Elbert Hubbar
A Camera puts a frame around life. ~ Joel Meyerowitz
BambersImages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011   #14
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 6288727
Editing OK?: Yes

These are wonderful introductions and information everyone!!!!
graphicography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011   #15
Bactrian

CamelKarma: 26034

**pokes his head up from the dark corner nearby**

Resident 365 Lurker here, tried twice to do the whole 365 thing and between school, work and other not so nice situations I've pretty much put that on hold for a while. Though I do like to venture in here and see what the latest submissions are.

My girlfriend calls me a Sour Patch Kid.... a bit of sweet, with a bit of sour to balance it all out. I enjoy fireworks, pikatures, and randomness. I'm currently in school for my Associates in Electrical Engineering degree, and will probably continue on to my Bachelors. Those will sit next to my CADD degree in my underwear drawer.

Crybabe, I have to say your sig makes me laugh every time I see it. My mom used to babysit an autistic kid.
prohobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #16
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 35783

Hi, I'm Michelle from upstate NY. I got my first camera at 6, a 126, moved up (or maybe down) to a 110 in middle school and got my first SLR at 13. Worked/managed a one hour photo lab for nearly 20 years, I think I have photo chemistry running through my veins. I am now on my 12th year of working in hospital administration. I recently got a Sony A55 and thanks to my Pseudo sister-in-law Miranda found this site. my son is my favorite subject, but since my point in doing this 365 is to challenge myself I try not to utilize him that often here.
I love seeing what everyone else posts, it's given me lots of ideas and is helping me see the world in a different way.
Mv333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #17
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 7809

Hello. I am Debi and I live in Colorado. Being a mother to four children keeps me busy but now that they are all older I can devote more time to photography. I began with flowers (they wait as I was tending to babies) and moved on to landscapes and HDR. I love to texture my work and play with PS and other editing tools. I have just moved into portraits in the last year or so and find it challenging and rewarding all at the same time. It is so nice to be here!

I am thinking of starting a 365 but the thought scares me!! I hate to start something I am not sure I can complete.

Bambers, I am sorry about the loss of your Father. I have been through it and it is a difficult time. I hope you find peace in your memories and that, in time, you won't hurt so much. xoxo
flutterbydragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011   #18
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 58394711

(((((Debi))))) Thank you for your kind thoughts. xoxo

You should start a 365 anyway. If you stumble a bit occasionally and miss a day or two...hey...just keep going. Try to take a picture every day even if you don't have time to process and post the same day. Doing a catch up every few days is fine for here.

BambersImages Flickr
Etsy Shop Print Sales

Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you.
“Happiness is a habit – cultivate it.” ~ Elbert Hubbar
A Camera puts a frame around life. ~ Joel Meyerowitz
BambersImages is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011   #19
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 35783

Mary what part of upstate NY, I'm in the Capital Region, wondering how close we are.
Mv333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011   #20
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 1942889

Greetings from Oregon! My name is Alan, although my 365 is titled "Gandalf's 365+1", the +1 since it's going to include a Leap Day to get around the calendar, and Gandalf because that was my online handle back when "online" meant a dial-up 300 baud modem. But I date myself.

I've been committing repeated acts of photography since about 1969 (again I date myself.) Anyway, that's the oldest photos I still have in my collection. I finally went (mostly) digital earlier this year when I bought a Sony NEX-5 that allows me to use all of my manual focus lenses that I have collected over the years with my Canon FD cameras.

I haven't attempted a 365 Project before because I thought people who did so must be a little bit crazy. I'm a week into this thing now, and I still hold with that theory.

My project thread is here.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"If it's more than 500 yards from the car, it just isn't photogenic."
.................................Weston
w7apd is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 365 Projects - Photo A Day »

Share this topic: