PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum

PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum (https://photocamel.com/forum/)
-   365 Projects - Photo A Day (https://photocamel.com/forum/365-projects-photo-day/)
-   -   Do you photograph something everyday? (https://photocamel.com/forum/365-projects-photo-day/124998-do-you-photograph-something-everyday.html)

graphicography 01-20-2011 06:41 PM

Do you photograph something everyday?

People who write are often journalers or "daily writers". Are you a "daily photographer" or do you just pull the camera out when the need / want requires it... I try and take a "decent" photo every day, to help my creativity perhaps, to keep my photo-brain going, or some such... but I don't try and force it. I'd like to hear what other people do. [popcorn]

whittyp 01-20-2011 06:55 PM

Re: Do you photograph something everyday?

I started at 365 project this year and so have had the camera out everyday. It has been really good so far, however what I am finding even better is that because I am trying to find things to shoot I am looking at objects around town in a completely different way.

graphicography 01-20-2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whittyp (Post 1187747)
I started at 365 project this year and so have had the camera out everyday. It has been really good so far, however what I am finding even better is that because I am trying to find things to shoot I am looking at objects around town in a completely different way.

Exactly! Can you tell us about your project - is it something you came up with, or purchased a book, or someone gave you the idea? That's a great idea!

R. House 01-20-2011 11:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Todays photo...The largest rocket to put a satellite in space was fired today off the California coast. I like to take my camera out everyday, but most shots are just deleted. :)

Mrillusion14 01-21-2011 02:38 AM

I have a blog dedicated to a 365 day photo project although over the last 1 or 2 months i havnt been able to post any photos as my computers been in the repair shop for about that amount of time. but if you would like to have a look i would be very happy.
Heres a like if you would like to see some of my photos :)
Project 365

ohenry 01-21-2011 06:54 AM

I have been thinking of doing a 365 day project, but I'm a procrastinator

Saint 01-21-2011 07:19 AM

I shoot everyday.

Grunt 01-21-2011 07:29 AM

I shoot everyday and have for the last ten years. Yes, there are days I miss but not often. That said there have been a few times in those ten when I have had a photographers block and not shot for a longer span. This block has always been broken by a workshop or an exciting lecture. The bottom line is I shoot about 17 images a day over the past ten years. I highly recommend this type of shooting because you really get familiar with you camera.

Ernst-Ulrich Schafer 01-21-2011 08:05 AM

I don't photograph everyday but I do photograph alot. I have many "Personal Projects" that I enjoy adding to on a regular basis.

templeinmn 01-21-2011 08:36 AM

I started out this year with a goal of project 365. For the first 13 days I was able to take a picture and post it on my blog. Now I have failed at less than 3% of my goal. :(

I too have found that because I am trying to find things to shoot I am looking at objects in a completely different. I feel my problem has been getting out of the house. Working from a home office challenges ones ability to choose subject matter.