Do you photograph something everyday? - Page 3
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 365 Projects - Photo A Day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2011   #21
Guanaco

CamelKarma: 586316
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Do you photograph something everyday?

It seems that I am the odd man out here. If I am lucky, I get to shoot about once per month. Right now, it has been at least 2 months since I Iast held a camera.

www.pbase.com/cliffb
CliffB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #22
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 17045
Editing OK?: No

No, I do not take pictures everyday. I am busy with family, home and work and probably take about 1 day per month to go on a shooting trip. Also I shoot film and the expense of it keeps me from taking a picture of everything that moves or does not move. I also have other hobbies but I think about photography every day. Last weekend I went to SF and spent about 4 hours shooting up a roll of XP2 around the Golden Gate Bridge. I framed one of those shots for the living room last night. It was a lot of fun. Today I am going to hike around the Pinnacles and I will take a big zoom just in case I see a critter or something. The rocks are beautiful but I have snapped the rocks enough for one lifetime.
nolanr66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #23
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 137
Editing OK?: Yes

always with me, always looking, imaging how it would look like, and if I`m satisfied in my head with that, I take THE SHOT :P
phoenix_sdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #24
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 304

I go out with a camera almost every day but don't always use it unless I see something I want to shoot.
Ben Myerson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #25
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 445

Not every day, probably 15-18 days per month. Sometimes the backlog of post-processing or other desk work eats up my time or monopolizes my creative energy for a time.

But, among my favorite personal projects was one I did in 2005. We had a big prairie sunflower plant starting to grow in back of the house. As soon as it was beginning to bud, I went out and made an image of it on a daily basis, until it was long gone and dried up. I only missed the days I was on the road and ended up with 104 daily images, about 8 of which are very pleasing to me. I made a multi-frame 10x40" panoramic print of those 8, which has generated a lot of conversation among friends and fellow photographers.

I have done other "time lapse" projects. But, the sunflower project was among the most enjoyable. It was like a condensed version of photographing your children or other treasured person over time. Exploring angles and lighting conditions was a great creative challenge.
STPSHoncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #26
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 1469207

I don't shoot every day either - more like once or twice a week - but I am beginning to wonder if maybe I should try harder for that "one good image a day" thing...
scoundrel1728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011   #27
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 2684

Way back when, I walked a lot, and always had a camera. I found all kinds of things which made interesting photos.

Now I read all these interesting posts and get ready to do things. Things that I never actually seem to get around to. I always have an excuse, lack of money, lack of energy, lack of time, too cold out, and the best one, I just don't feel like it.

Funny thing is way back when I had all the same excuses, only they did not seem to stop me from doing things.

Way back when was more than half a lifetime ago, back in the 70's.
Old 01-25-2011   #28
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 6288727

These are all great responses guys and girls! Keep em coming!
graphicography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011   #29
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 12371327

Look, Miranda! LOL I just got this and am going to try to do something every day with it, just for fun. I, Danbeaux Just something silly, but I can already feel brain cells working that haven't been busy for a while.
Old 01-26-2011   #30
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 2564

Haven't taken anything in over a month, other than a throwaway to pull up my current shutter count.
Started a 365 project, but let it go after about two weeks. The one I was involved with turned into a massive, very mean spirited, critique group. That experience alone has soured me somewhat.
I also live in a very un-photogenic part of the country. At least it is for the moment. Dirty snow and leafless trees. Oh Boy!!

Jeff

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 365 Projects - Photo A Day »

Share this topic: