Do you photograph something everyday? - Page 2
PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 365 Projects - Photo A Day

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011   #11
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 7485
Editing OK?: Ask First
Constructive Critique?: Yes
Default Re: Do you photograph something everyday?

I'm a true addict...I can shoot 100 a day without a problem. Not all of course make the cut but having a flickr account I post at least 5 I think are good everyday. I have always found something to take a photo of. I love taking backyard photos and photos of everyday items.
I've always felt that practice makes perfect and you must shoot everyday and you must be eclectic when you do shoot.
Flickr: Sue90ca: ? Thanks For The Well Wishes ?'s Photostream
Sue
Sue90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011   #12
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 12371327
Editing OK?: Yes

I have a personal blog that I post a lot of pictures to. A couple of years ago, I did a 365 post marathon. At that time, I made it a point to attempt to get a photo for every post I did on the blog (didn't get one for EVERY post, but nearly). Some of the posts were about the images, some of the images were taken for the post. It was probably the most creative thing I've ever done, and it challenged me to the maximum. I loved every minute of it. I ended up fulfilling the 365 challenge, although it wasn't exactly every day; but sometimes it was 2 or 3 times a day, so I actually went over that number, to 398. The next year, I posted 71 times

All that to say, it was a great experience and if you are even remotely interested in doing a 365 project, I say do it! It's fantastic! It was hard for me to sometimes come up with something to take a picture of or to say, so I had a couple of themes going - on Fridays, I drew a letter of the alphabet out of a box, and the assignment was to take 3 images of something starting with that letter - great fun! And on Wednesdays, I had seen a blog do "wordless Wednesdays" with just one image, so I did that. Some blogs do something like "sky Friday" and they post a picture of the sky that day. There are so many creative things you can do on your own blog. Give it a go!
Old 01-21-2011   #13
Camel Breath

CamelKarma: 12371327

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicography View Post
I try and take a "decent" photo every day, to help my creativity perhaps, to keep my photo-brain going, or some such... but I don't try and force it.
BTW - just my own experience, but "forcing it" grew me as a photographer more than anything I've ever done for the sake of learning photography. Seriously.
Old 01-22-2011   #14
Vicuna

CamelKarma: 1758

I'm afraid my schedule doesn't allow me the time to photograph everyday. However, that doesn't stop me from visualizing images. I'm always looking at things with a photographic eye. Sometimes I go back and actually photograph the more interesting ones.
2 1/4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011   #15
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 690429

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphicography View Post
People who write are often journalers or "daily writers". Are you a "daily photographer" or do you just pull the camera out when the need / want requires it... I try and take a "decent" photo every day, to help my creativity perhaps, to keep my photo-brain going, or some such... but I don't try and force it. I'd like to hear what other people do.
I do not shoot every day, but I always have at least one camera near me, or with me, or on me That fact alone is enough to make *me* look at things more 'photographically'

Like Sis I think that 'pushing it' or 'forcing it' makes you grow faster as a photographer than anything else

Kindest regards!

Max@Home

Canon PowerShot G1X MkII, Canon PowerShot G3X, some accessories (hoods, flashes, filters, tripod) and some knowledge to use them
Max@Home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011   #16
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
Photocamel Master

CamelKarma: 933769

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohenry View Post
I have been thinking of doing a 365 day project, but I'm a procrastinator
Same for me...

~Life is too short to be around people who suck the life out of you!

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

~No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys.

5D MKII | 7D | 70-200 2.8L IS II | 300 4.0L IS | 135L | 100/2.0 | 50/1.4 |35L |Speedlites: 580 EX II, 430 EX
WISHLIST

85L
lputman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011   #17
Alpaca

CamelKarma: 15

I don't shoot everyday, but I usually have a camera near to hand. the number of shots I do take goes up if I include 'evidence' photos taken at work, but normally I only shoot when I'm in the mood - I keep promising myself I'll change. Hasn't happened yet, I seriously hope it does.
Spark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011   #18
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 17673
Editing OK?: Ask first

I always have my camera but dont always shoot. Im always looking for a shot but, it doesnt always happen. Then there are times because Im at work that I dont have the time to shoot.
Old 01-22-2011   #19
F1 Camel

CamelKarma: 6288727

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joves View Post
I always have my camera but dont always shoot. Im always looking for a shot but, it doesnt always happen. Then there are times because Im at work that I dont have the time to shoot.
I carry a camera with me 98% of the time, and I always look for shots too, just doesn't always happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max@Home View Post
Like Sis I think that 'pushing it' or 'forcing it' makes you grow faster as a photographer than anything else

Kindest regards!

Max@Home
Guess I got to go "get rough" with my camera starting tomorrow, instead of taking it easy on her and only letting her take the easy shots Thanks all for posting!
graphicography is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #20
Dromedary

CamelKarma: 5883

This time of the year is the worst time for me. It's usually below 20 degrees, always cloudy, and I struggle to find much to shoot indoors.

It's not that I'm unable to find something to shoot, it's a matter of finding the time to do it. I put more effort ot finding the time in the warmer months.

Yoda

My Shop: http://www.zibbet.com/TFlynnPhotography

My Flickr Page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tflynnphoto/
12step is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > PhotoCamel Lounge > 365 Projects - Photo A Day »

Share this topic: