PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Weddings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2008   #1
Alpaca

angelaD40 has a spectacular aura aboutangelaD40 has a spectacular aura about
CamelKarma: 123
Editing OK?: Yes
Default Posing older couples?

I'm taking wedding pictures for my father in law this weekend. This is a second marriage for both of them. The couple is in their 50's. The wedding is very low key: no white wedding dress, no attendants, etc. Basically the couple is getting married in a small church with a few family and friends attending. My question is how to pose the bride and groom? I'll be taking formal shots of them before the ceremony. I'm not sure that typical wedding poses will work for this couple. Even most of the engagement pictures I've seen, seem a little 'young' for these two as well. Any ideas? Pictures would be great.

Canon 40D, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 28-135mm, Metz 58 AF-1
angelaD40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008   #2
Llama

John at the Beach is just really very very niceJohn at the Beach is just really very very niceJohn at the Beach is just really very very niceJohn at the Beach is just really very very niceJohn at the Beach is just really very very niceJohn at the Beach is just really very very niceJohn at the Beach is just really very very niceJohn at the Beach is just really very very niceJohn at the Beach is just really very very niceJohn at the Beach is just really very very niceJohn at the Beach is just really very very nice
CamelKarma: 71617
Default Re: Posing older couples?

AD40....
I did an "Eat, Drink, and Re-Marry" a little bit ago and was faced with your situation...
Second for both and both in their late 40's...No wedding dress...The groom did wear a tux but the bride, just a real pretty dress...You do have to get some traditional family stuff for the kids, if there are any...But what I did with the bride and groom alone was
casual fun shots...One was the groom at the piano and the bride was sitting up on the edge of the piano leaning on one hand looking at her new guy as if he was playing for her...Which he really was...The guy could play it...If she has flowers you can position them on the piano as well...Another using the piano was the same setup with the groom but this time the bride was standing at the side of the piano leaning on her hands looking at the groom...It was a casual thing but a nice casual...They both seemed to relax and have fun with those types of shots...Use your imagination...And if that doesn't work, ask the bride if she has something in mind...
Old 10-31-2008   #3
F1 Camel

littlegal has a brilliant futurelittlegal has a brilliant futurelittlegal has a brilliant futurelittlegal has a brilliant futurelittlegal has a brilliant futurelittlegal has a brilliant futurelittlegal has a brilliant futurelittlegal has a brilliant futurelittlegal has a brilliant futurelittlegal has a brilliant futurelittlegal has a brilliant future
CamelKarma: 14721
Default Re: Posing older couples?

Ah, you are never too old for some good old romance, sexier shots. I know because I'm older.
Personally, I'd mix it up between the good old classics, and something a bit edgier.
Mabey some Hollywood Glam lighting, black and white, and sort of steamy, like the older movies?

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Weddings »

Share this topic: