PhotoCamel: Your friendly photo community, with free discussion forums, digital photography reviews, photo sharing, galleries, downloads, blogs, photography contests, and prizes.
Photo of the Week Photo of the Week

Go Back   PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Weddings

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2011   #1
Alpaca

myhandpaint1 is on a distinguished road
CamelKarma: 17
Editing OK?: Yes
Thumbs up My hand painted Wedding Portrait Photo ( a bride portrait photo painting)

My hand painted Wedding Portrait Photo for sharing here. I am a painter and a photographer. I like to take photos and then paint the painting from the photos. Now, I would like to share you with my wedding portrait photo here. It is drawn by myself. It comes from a wedding digital photos.

How do you like my hand painted bride photo portrait painting? please let me know.

myhandpaint1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011   #2
Photocamel Master

Rustburn Graphic Designs strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRustburn Graphic Designs strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRustburn Graphic Designs strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRustburn Graphic Designs strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRustburn Graphic Designs strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRustburn Graphic Designs strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRustburn Graphic Designs strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRustburn Graphic Designs strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRustburn Graphic Designs strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRustburn Graphic Designs strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorRustburn Graphic Designs strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 42508505
Editing OK?: Ask first
Default Re: My hand painted Wedding Portrait Photo ( a bride portrait photo painting)

Beautiful... I'm sure she will be proud to have it displayed on her wall. Nice work!
Rustburn Graphic Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011   #3
PhotoCamel Supporter DONATED
F1 Camel

lputman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorlputman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorlputman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorlputman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorlputman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorlputman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorlputman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorlputman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorlputman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorlputman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorlputman strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 929593

Very nice.

~Life is too short to be around people who suck the life out of you!

~Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

~No one can drive us crazy unless we give them the keys.

5D MKII | 7D | 70-200 2.8L IS II | 300 4.0L IS | 135L | 100/2.0 | 50/1.4 |35L |Speedlites: 580 EX II, 430 EX
WISHLIST

85L
lputman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011   #4
Dromedary

jfklein13 has much to be proud ofjfklein13 has much to be proud ofjfklein13 has much to be proud ofjfklein13 has much to be proud ofjfklein13 has much to be proud ofjfklein13 has much to be proud ofjfklein13 has much to be proud ofjfklein13 has much to be proud ofjfklein13 has much to be proud ofjfklein13 has much to be proud ofjfklein13 has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 7602
Default Re: My hand painted Wedding Portrait Photo ( a bride portrait photo painting)

Let me get this straight, because there are several approaches. Is this digital painting, done in Photoshop or Corel Draw or similar, or painting with physical paint and brushes, possibly on top of a print of the original photo? If the latter, you have the added step of needing to photograph (!) the painting to show us here on the web.
Old 04-04-2011   #5
Photocamel Master

ChuckingFluff strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorChuckingFluff strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorChuckingFluff strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorChuckingFluff strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorChuckingFluff strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorChuckingFluff strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorChuckingFluff strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorChuckingFluff strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorChuckingFluff strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorChuckingFluff strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorChuckingFluff strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 2152373
Editing OK?: No

Wow, that's talent.
ChuckingFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011   #6
Vicuna

form is just really niceform is just really niceform is just really niceform is just really niceform is just really niceform is just really niceform is just really nice
CamelKarma: 786
Editing OK?: Ask first

There are many good things about it, but I do not see a soul in those eyes and it does not make me think the person has blood in her veins. It looks like an artificial person to me. I do not have the technical skill to do this kind of artwork and I respect that skill greatly; however, there is something missing to me.
form is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011   #7
F1 Camel

littlegal has a brilliant futurelittlegal has a brilliant futurelittlegal has a brilliant futurelittlegal has a brilliant futurelittlegal has a brilliant futurelittlegal has a brilliant futurelittlegal has a brilliant futurelittlegal has a brilliant futurelittlegal has a brilliant futurelittlegal has a brilliant futurelittlegal has a brilliant future
CamelKarma: 14721

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
There are many good things about it, but I do not see a soul in those eyes and it does not make me think the person has blood in her veins. It looks like an artificial person to me. I do not have the technical skill to do this kind of artwork and I respect that skill greatly; however, there is something missing to me.
plus one
littlegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011   #8
Dromedary

jenn6566 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjenn6566 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjenn6566 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjenn6566 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjenn6566 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjenn6566 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjenn6566 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjenn6566 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjenn6566 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjenn6566 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armorjenn6566 strides over the forum like a knight in shining armor
CamelKarma: 3875305

I think it's really nice work. good job.
jenn6566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011   #9
Bactrian

deluco has a brilliant futuredeluco has a brilliant futuredeluco has a brilliant futuredeluco has a brilliant futuredeluco has a brilliant futuredeluco has a brilliant futuredeluco has a brilliant futuredeluco has a brilliant futuredeluco has a brilliant futuredeluco has a brilliant futuredeluco has a brilliant future
CamelKarma: 22348

It's really difficult to communicate your skill by looking at this digitally in a low-resolution image here. I can't see the strokes of the brush from here. I think the only way to get the feel of this is in person.

The photograph is well lit. The pose could be improved somewhat. She needs to turn her right shoulder more in the direction of the camera and put her weight on the right leg so that her right shoulder drops a bit.
deluco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011   #10
Dromedary

jfklein13 has much to be proud ofjfklein13 has much to be proud ofjfklein13 has much to be proud ofjfklein13 has much to be proud ofjfklein13 has much to be proud ofjfklein13 has much to be proud ofjfklein13 has much to be proud ofjfklein13 has much to be proud ofjfklein13 has much to be proud ofjfklein13 has much to be proud ofjfklein13 has much to be proud of
CamelKarma: 7602

If I were a customer for this, maybe what would be good is to show the picture bigger and then in one corner have a closeup of one part of the painting so the brushwork can be seen.

I know there is a technique of "painting" within Photoshop ... it sounds like trying to convey the difference between that and what you do, on the web, is going to be a challenge!

jfklein13 is offline   Reply With Quote

« PhotoCamel - Your Friendly Photography Forum > Photography by Genre: Critique and Discussion > Weddings »

Share this topic:

Tags
painting, portriat, wedding